Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    alright there are so many types of cases out for the phone. i need one bad but im torn to which one to get. i dunno if i want a holster or an actual case like the front flip open or the fit cases.

i do know that i want one with a removable belt clip that also swivels 360.

give me your guys' opinions. i need a little nudge to pick the right one.
    Look at the Accessories forum. There is a lot of discussion about them. Look at the post on the first page about the leather case.
    Do a search on cases for the full skinny on your search. And check the "Accessory" forums here on TC.

Also, if you're like the rest of us Treo freaks, you should just realize and accept that you'll probably have a small collection of cases before you find the one you're happy with. After several cases from a number of high-end to mid-range cases including Bellagio and others, I have settled on the Treo Slipper from EB Cases for my Treo600 (http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?no=3201) but you'll have to find the one that's right for you by trying them out.
    don't get a case, that's my 2-cents. I tried flips, holsters, swivels, neoprene, open front, plastic covered front, etc. and finally settled on E-Grips.
    I have tried the horizontal holster case and the vertical case. Settled on the Krusell with the multiadapter. Always covers it...doesnt add hardly anything to the width (especially when I take off the clip and put it in my pocket). Never liked the flips...I think you look stupid when you have to flip it back and talk into a 'man-purse'. JK
    Cases are a personal decision, but for me the best type is the open face ( with screen protection ) ; I use a vaja which easily clips on my belt or on a holder on my rear view mirror. For me its the easiest and most accessible. I sometimes work in a rough environment and am constantly on the go. I could never get used to opening a flap.
  7.    #7  
    i was also looking at the skins for the treo. what do you guys think about those ones? also do they have a skin case with a removable clip?
    covertec horizontal case. stiff, leather-covered non-removable belt clip doesn't protrude much, and stays on nicely on a belt or pants without a belt. access to headphone jack while holstered. nice fit, decent leather, easy in and out with the magnetic clasp. IMO low on the geeky dorky meter. Good price on the item and on shipping, too, at getyourtech.com.
    Last edited by massaloch; 05/16/2005 at 03:13 AM. Reason: truncated when posting via mobile site
    I personally like the palmone horizontal pouch. It keeps it from interferring when I sit and protects the screen from when I brush up again things.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Well, my opinion is that most of them suck! I am still trying several of them out though. The nutshell is pretty good, but it feels to me like the velcro is already dying on it. If I was to get another one, I'd get one without velcro. The Palm One Horizontal pouch didn't work for me. Kept ejecting the SD card when I pulled the phone out of it. The Seidio Swivel Locking Clip Holster for Treo 600 isn't bad, but it does rub off the silver (paint?) near the power switch. When I find the perfect case, I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3013
    Well, my opinion is that most of them suck! I am still trying several of them out though. The nutshell is pretty good, but it feels to me like the velcro is already dying on it. If I was to get another one, I'd get one without velcro. The Palm One Horizontal pouch didn't work for me. Kept ejecting the SD card when I pulled the phone out of it. The Seidio Swivel Locking Clip Holster for Treo 600 isn't bad, but it does rub off the silver (paint?) near the power switch. When I find the perfect case, I'll let you know.

Perfect example of why I recommend in a different forum the Vaja T65. It's more expensive, but after you've tried and been disappointed with 2 or 3 others, you'll realize you are better off just buying the Vaja in the first place. Best case out there, by far.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Can't imagine that it is, but I am open to hearing your reasons why is it the "best case out there, by far." Please, Jazzi, tell me why? I truly want to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3013
    Can't imagine that it is, but I am open to hearing your reasons why is it the "best case out there, by far." Please, Jazzi, tell me why? I truly want to know.

As stated earlier:

Look at the Accessories forum. There is a lot of discussion about them. Look at the post on the first page about the leather case.
  14.    #14  
    thanks for all the comments. please keep them coming. i actually bought the palm one slip leather case with swivel clip. Its the one with the open face but has the plastic to protect it.

unfortunately im already looking for another case lol. well the reason i bought this case is because i really needed one (felt paranoid just having it in my pocket) and the place i bought it at gave to me for a good price without tax.

the case isnt too bad but here are the things that i do hate about it is that the plastic front makes it hard to use the stylis in the corners of the screen, i have to push down pretty hard to get to the screen. Second i noticed that my sd card keeps popping out and its getn to be a p.i.t.a. and third i dont like how the scrap that keeps the treo in the case blocks the IR. I was transfering apps with a friend the other day and had to keep un-snapping the top of the case to access the IR. I got tired of it so just ended up taking my treo out of the case.

I have a feeling that my hunt for the right case is gonna be what everyone on here has been saying...tough.

ed
    I went through dozens of cases and hated them all until I tried the Innopocket hard case with the cutout for the keyboard. It fits well, protects the screen, keeps the keyboard accessible, has cutouts where they are needed, and the door to access the screen is very easy to open and snap shut. Has a removable 360 degree swivel beltclip (which I don't use) My only complaint about this case is that when the door is open, it feels like it's going to fall off, the hinges are so flimsy...but I rarely open it since I do almost everything by the 5 way nav button.

My main reason for wanting a case is because I always fear dropping my Treo (although I haven't yet to date...knock on wood). This case is perfect for that sort of protection.
  16. seh
    I love just the plain skin. Fits in the pocket, protects from scratches and still allows for easy use.
    I just ordered a Black Leatherskin SenaCase this week for my Treo 600. It's the only swivel case on the market, I think, that allows you to still use the Treo in the Hotsync Cradle.

I've posted a picture of what it looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I usually like to wear my Treo 600 on my hip and like to have it mounted while in the car. Since I also have a BT adapter (Jabra A210) I would like to have it either velcroed to the back of the Treo while on my hip and dangle while in the car mount. So here's what I'm thinking of getting:

Seido holster swivel clip

and for the car:
    Proclip tilt holder
    and I plan to buy the travel charger kit from Seido also Seido travel kit

The idea is that once I place a call I should be able to drop the T600 into the holster or the car mount and then use the BT headset (HS850).

Any suggestions?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by SEH
    I love just the plain skin. Fits in the pocket, protects from scratches and still allows for easy use.
    do you have trouble taking your treo n and out of your pocket because the skin is a tad sticky? what skins are less sticky than the other?

ed
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    I usually like to wear my Treo 600 on my hip and like to have it mounted while in the car. Since I also have a BT adapter (Jabra A210) I would like to have it either velcroed to the back of the Treo while on my hip and dangle while in the car mount. So here's what I'm thinking of getting:

Seido holster swivel clip

and for the car:
    Proclip tilt holder
    and I plan to buy the travel charger kit from Seido also Seido travel kit

The idea is that once I place a call I should be able to drop the T600 into the holster or the car mount and then use the BT headset (HS850).

Any suggestions?

yeah im also in the market for the bluetooth adapter and im not sure if i would mount the adapter to the back of the treo or have it on its own clip on my belt. i was also looking at the seidio holster but i noticed that the clip on top gets in the way of the silent button, is this true? the picture isnt clear to answer my question. also is the holster a swivel holster? if so i like how it sits closer to the belt than other swivel clips.

ed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast