1.    #1  
    1GB memory, built-in
    Bluetooth 2.0
    Built-in wi-fi
    3 MP camera and flash
    Palm OS 6.0

Did I miss anything? I'd like to send this off to PalmOne ASAP.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Personally... I don't want it to have a camera. I've NEVER used the camera on my Treo for anything useful. 3 Megapixels is essentially useless to me anyway. I can get a throw away camera that will take better pictures. I also don't care if it has Wi-Fi. I barely use the Wi-Fi on my laptop. I use my Treo when I'm out. That's what the Treo was designed for. I work for the Navy (submarines) and can't use my little toy because it has the camera. Get rid of the camera and I'm a happy camper!!

My hope is that PalmOne will come out with different flavors for the Treo line. Something for everyone. Your list isn't bad... it's your personal preference. Mine are just different. It's like buying a car. I don't need a pickup truck. Sure it'd be useful from time to time, but I'd never use it enough to justify the cost of gas. This is the same argument I'd use for the 3MP camera. Sure it might be nice to have from time to time, but it'd take up too much room on the circuit card for something I would much rather have... like a vibrate function that actually works well enough to feel!!

I hope the Treo line expands.... with something for me... and something for Junebug172!!

Welcome to the forums!!
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    My next Treo better friggin' have more then 23mb of memory
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    Personally... I don't want it to have a camera. I've NEVER used the camera on my Treo for anything useful. 3 Megapixels is essentially useless to me anyway. I can get a throw away camera that will take better pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    I work for the Navy (submarines) and can't use my little toy because it has the camera. Get rid of the camera and I'm a happy camper!!
    Try mCamLock. It's basically a lock, so people that cannot bring camera phones into secure places can lock the camera for a pre-determined amount of time (without being able to restore it before it unlocks by itself).

Robert
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    My next Treo will have voice dial and *real* custom ring capability built in, and a more powerful IR beam wouln't hurt. I liked using my old Clie as a remote; came in very handy a couple times, and was just cool (albiet in a decidedly geeky way) the rest of the time.
    1 GB Memory and ability for memory card to transparently add memory to the device
    Abillity to accept a microdrive
    Ringtone capability for all formats including wav and MP3, should also allow for setting a ringtone per person calling and should allow setting up to send people directly to voicemail or other event during certain times of the day
    A multitasking OS
    A browser that supports Flash
    Built-in GPS or addable GPS without taking up extra slots
    USB 2.0 connector - no more proprietary connectors
    Bluetooth 2.1
    A 1MP Camera minimum with 3MP preferred - I use my camera all the time
    Built in WiFi and Bluetooth DUN support
    A decent Java implementation like that supported on $50 phones
    OS sitting atop Linux kernel or some open platform so developers can build in functionality without hassle
    EDGE, UTMS support
    Recessed ant.
    a big fat Mac logo on it

and basically everything the 650 has, just working properly
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    I agree with your list -- especially the WiFi -- and it should be at least 'G'. (not having even the wifi drivers for the 650 is still hard to accept.) And I want skype to get the support they require to write a version that will work with the next Treo. (I can dream, right ??)

I also want the side volume rocker to be configurable for volume control of audio apps, as a page down/up for the web browser, and to be able to control ring volume down to zero.

I want a standard 1/8" headphone socket, stereo Bluetouth, a warning tone sent to the headset for every incoming call, configurable warning tones for lost cellular connectivity, and much stronger vibration.

I want a USB 2.0 socket for linking to a PC.

Much Stronger IR so that remote control is again a feature.

a reset button externally accessable -- not one that requires removing the back cover. (I haven't any reset issues --- but bad design is still just bad...)

I have to have a multi-tasking OS; the LED flasher should be on top, more configuarion options for the auto turn off time, much more control over keylocking: i.e. which keys are still active during locked state.

The next Treo must have optional any key answer, a much better and louder speaker phone, a significantly faster CPU and GPU.

And they should release a version of the FW designed specifically for corp IT depts -- one where their users would be unable to self install apps without administrative privleges.
    Last edited by BARYE; 05/11/2005 at 03:07 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Forget the 802.11g - that's so yesterday. How about 802.20 (1Mbps!) Now that's what I call Wi-fi which is WiMax. You'll see 802.16e soon but the .20 should follow soon after.

As for the camera, 5Mpix on some phones is available is parts of Asia already. About 18 months it will be the norm in the states.

How about a rotary cell phone?

- Blades
    Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?
    this thread has many good ideas -- I hope that P1 reads it and adopts many of them ....
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    it better be a lot more stable...i'm easy to please :-)
    ~Steve
    Get @ me
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug172
    1GB memory, built-in
    Bluetooth 2.0
    Built-in wi-fi
    3 MP camera and flash
    Palm OS 6.0

Did I miss anything? I'd like to send this off to PalmOne ASAP.
    no offense or anything...but what are you smoking!?!?!

imagine the price of this..."only the three richest kings of europe would be able to afford this"

PalmOS 6.0 yes i would want
    Wifi yes of course (thank god you didnt say wimax)
    BT 2.0...nope...1.2 is what you can strive for
    3MP camera....for the umpteenth time...ITS A PHONE/PDA NOT A SLR CAMERA!!
    1GB memory...with the lifedrive who knows..but there be many other hurdles the Treo needs to cross first...as the saying goes learn to crawl before you walk

I'll be good
    1,000 x 1,000 pixel, 1,000,000,000 colour screen

Perfect reception even in a bomb shelter

100.2 MP camera

1.5 TeraHertz processor

Built in Tri-corder

950 GB harddrive

Fully Sentient on board A.I.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC