Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    While not as good as DA, I did the google sms thing Sat and it worked perfectly. Not bad as a backup.
    I see something becoming fairly clear it seems. All this time, DA has been using m.yp.com as the URL. It has worked off and on lately, mostly off in the last couple of days. If I type 'mobile.yp.com' it seems to be working. Looks like they are/have been changing over. I'll keep an eye on that, and if it looks like that is the solution, make the change to DA.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt
    I see something becoming fairly clear it seems. All this time, DA has been using m.yp.com as the URL. It has worked off and on lately, mostly off in the last couple of days. If I type 'mobile.yp.com' it seems to be working. Looks like they are/have been changing over. I'll keep an eye on that, and if it looks like that is the solution, make the change to DA.
    Thanks Rick for all your hard work!
    Where do you add the new Url?

THANKS for the APP Rick!!

T
    I used it this morning and it worked fine. The past couple of days I was unable to use it due to the same errors mentioned.
    How about adding a place in teh DA program where one can pick the URL or type in (and store) an updated URL?

That adds flexibility for future changes by YP
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    How about adding a place in teh DA program where one can pick the URL or type in (and store) an updated URL?

That adds flexibility for future changes by YP
    Sounds like a good idea if that can be done.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Well, now neither URL works. I've emailed them, but it's about all I can do at this point.
    DA is working this morning. I'm using Sprint service on the Treo 650.

Update: The business search is working; however the residential gives the following error:
    "Unexpected problem with the results response!"

Update2: Now nothing is working. Seems odd that it worked briefly and then quit. Now all searches give error:
    "Error in PrvNetCalcINetAddr() call"

Nate
    Last edited by nswenson; 05/17/2005 at 12:06 PM.
    I just downloaded the app for a freash install and am still getting the same error. I am on Sprint too (Austin, Texas), I did a resedental search.
    Fresh installs won't help.

The problem is not with the application, but YP.com, the yellowpages web site that the application connects to to get the information.

Once YP.com settles down, the DA author can make the change needed (if any) to make DA work again.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Is anyone experiencing resets when trying to use DA ? Anyone using this with GoodLink also installed - are there conflicts with this ?
    I have been experiencing the problems all of you are describing, then I downloaded DBCache manager see thread in the forum hardware section of TC. I tried DA 10 times before this post and everytime it returned results WITHOUT any problems. I am not sure if YP have fived their site or this DBCache manger is doing the trick, but it works and I am happy.
    P.S. Please, read the dbcache manager before you ask questions that have been asked and answered there.
    Treoing & Loving it
    resets and errors are back
    Treoing & Loving it
    I was getting the same error message (prv...) about 2 mins ago but just tried uninstalling/reinstalling and now it works, again (residential & business). Haven't tried the others but I'm assuming they work, too.

Hopefully, the issue we were all experiencing has been resolved.

Rick, a big thanks to you for a great app!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sanovak3681
    Is anyone experiencing resets when trying to use DA ? Anyone using this with GoodLink also installed - are there conflicts with this ?
    [edit]
    No conflicts on Sprint/CDMA with DA and GoodLink - I've been running both for about 6 months now
    Last edited by tomvb2000; 05/17/2005 at 09:25 PM. Reason: clarify - with goodlink
    Hey, hey....da seems to be working for me sporadically on my SprintPCS Treo 650 after being down since the weekend. I'm getting a soft resets on 30% of my queries.

BTW, this has been the BEST piece of 3rd party software on my Treo. If I could only have the PIM's s/w and the phone and one more program, this would be it. If you travel in the US a lot, it is INVALUABLE! Hats off to the author and I encourage everyone to donate to his PayPal account and keep encouraging him to maintain and improve the program. Hopefully he can resolve these issues that appear to be originating within the yp.com environment!
    Last edited by SofTTware; 05/17/2005 at 09:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    definitely working for me again...i am gonna cross my fingers and hopes this continues. by the way i know this is really minor but i read on another thread that version 3.1 now has a nice little icon instead of the generic circle and stylus icon. is this true? I have version 3.1 and I only have the generic icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by buirus
    definitely working for me again...i am gonna cross my fingers and hopes this continues. by the way i know this is really minor but i read on another thread that version 3.1 now has a nice little icon instead of the generic circle and stylus icon. is this true? I have version 3.1 and I only have the generic icon.
    3.1 has a nice icon at least on the hi res 650 screen...I suggest you delete and reinstall which was the upgrade instructions from the author when he went production on this version. Also, make sure you have the latest version and not an earlier beta version when he had the older style icon. Get it from his web site at http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da.
    Using a Verizon 650 here an when I do a search it simply soft resets my device. I goto mobile.yp.com in Blazer and it appears to work but everything I search comes back with 'DENIED' These are listings that I've looked up before and are in fact listed. When I goto m.yp.com in IE the same search does in fact come back successfull. Must be a Blazer or yp.com issue. =(