Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BTW, soft resets and clean installs do not seem to help.
    I get the same error messages. It was working for me last night.
    No problems here...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    It's working for me.

LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I also find sticking my tongue out of the corner of my mouth often works for these annoying problems.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Thanks, mine "were" 68.28.113.77 and 68.28.121.77 and when I canged to what you provided it started to work again. Thanks

P.S. You need MSL unlock code to change HA addresses
    gt5l - DA 3.10 Residential and reverse used to work fine on my Sprint Treo600 but I recently tested per this thread and now it does not work. The question is, why would this status or the IP addresses change from a working address to a non-working address and couldn't the same problem happen again (IP addresses changing on their own) after making the corrections?
    I think that when too many inquiries are submitted form the same IP it gets blocked by the provider (yp in this case), just a thought.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Well for me...even with the newest version (3.10) whenever I do a residential search (or reverse search)...when it says "getting page" my Treo resets...... Anybody know whats going on here? Business lookups seem to work just fine.....

I also noticed that for the "getting page" message with business lookups I get a number...but not for the residential or reverse lookups.....
    Last edited by nukular; 05/13/2005 at 12:03 PM.
    Wow! I just tried it and it reset at "getting page". Didn't do that a few days ago. Now it resets every time I start it. Went back to last night's backup and DA will once again start, but I have not tried a residential lookup again. Very odd.
    This has worked fine for me for months, and now I'm getting this error also on any query. Help? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jagger

"Error in PrvNetCalcNetAddr()call" click "ok"
    "Could not open socket" click "ok"
    "Error executing query!" Gives five reasons - server busy, etc.
    Hmmmm... On a (probably) related note, YP.com returns "DENIED" as a response when ya try to use it online.... Not that that should cause DA to explode, though.

Same is true for reverse residential lookups.

The business lookups seem to be fine.
    I think the source is YP.com, but it would be nice if DA handled the (admittedly odd) response from YP better. Maybe Rick can look into that as a bug fix. I did post over in his forum at PDAPhoneHome
    Last edited by robbalazs; 05/13/2005 at 12:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Hmmm....the webpage is working for me right now...as my palm again resets after trying dir asst on a residential again..... Either the message on yp is sporadic...or there is a problem with dir asst...

And I just went back to the webpage and did get the "denied" message so it does look like a webpage problem...that dir asst doesn't handle too well....
    I think we are getting to the bottom of this now, the yp page is working intermittently.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Hey guys i was reading the recent replies, and since i just installed mine on yesterday, thought i'd give it a try. Anyway i went to both Residential as well as Business and i'm getting the error message that "cnolan" mentioned in Reply #50. It was working flawlessly yesterday when i did a couple test entries. What's the problem now???
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I think we are getting to the bottom of this now, the yp page is working intermittently.
    I'm not entirely sure that this is it. I tried it a couple of times and the second my palm resets I've been going to the website and searching and it works....
    Oh and i thought i'd also add that mine isn't resetting... it just gives me the error message
    I think we have a two prong problem, one with the HA addressess as I mentioned earlier and the other is with the yp website
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I think we have a two prong problem, one with the HA addressess as I mentioned earlier and the other is with the yp website

I don't remotely get what was posted earlier about the HA thing.... What is the problem with the numbers listed on a phone? Did I miss a re-edited message or something?????
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem as Nukular -- my T650 (Sprint) resets when I try a residential search. Business search seems to work fine. It is an awesome program, but I hope this reset issue can be resolved (preferably without having to call Sprint and mess with device settings).
    Palm III > Treo 600 > Treo 650 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Sprint)
    Macbook C2D 2.0GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by cnolan
    This has worked fine for me for months, and now I'm getting this error also on any query. Help? Anyone?

Ditto
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast