Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Yes you can get the .prc file out of Zip directly using your Treo.

1. Download from Rick's site.
    2. Create new (dummy) email and attach DA zip file to it.
    3. Do not send it, simply tap Draft
    4. Open draft & you should see .prc file
    5. Tap zip and follow steps for installation.

I am doing this from memory a few months back, so I hope I got it right. Will do shortly myself.

Regards, Frank
    FastFrank
    Sorry to bring up another issue as Rick has really been great about debugging & updating DA.

If you do a residential search on the following with DA:

fn: (none)
    ln: Ream
    city: Fenton
    state: Mi (Michigan)

There are only 2 responses, but not a friends response.

If you use the same data in "white pages" at the following site, there are 5 responses including my friends.

http://wap.switchboard.com/xhtml/index.asp?mem=8319

Any Ideas?

In the past, I also had significant delays in saving contacts in a data base of 1900 contacts. The speaker would emit a clicking sound for about 10 - 15 seconds while saving in contacts.

Still a great program.

Just used the email process described in previous post above to convert Zip to .prc and load into T650. Used Draft vs actual emailing it.

A RICK SAYS: BE SURE TO DELETE ALL DA FILES FROM CARD AND PROGRAMS BEFORE DOWNLOAD & INSTALLING.

Still a great program.

Regards, Frank
    FastFrank
    Have you ever found an address with DA that does not contain a street number & street name? Only
    Name
    City, State, Zip
    Phone Number

Try saving this in contacts and see what happens.

Not a serious problem as a few cuts and pastes can fix it.
    FastFrank
    yp.com and switchboard are 2 different services. I would not epxect them to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank
    Sorry to bring up another issue as Rick has really been great about debugging & updating DA.

If you do a residential search on the following with DA:

fn: (none)
    ln: Ream
    city: Fenton
    state: Mi (Michigan)

There are only 2 responses, but not a friends response.

If you use the same data in "white pages" at the following site, there are 5 responses including my friends.

http://wap.switchboard.com/xhtml/index.asp?mem=8319

Any Ideas?

In the past, I also had significant delays in saving contacts in a data base of 1900 contacts. The speaker would emit a clicking sound for about 10 - 15 seconds while saving in contacts.

Still a great program.

Just used the email process described in previous post above to convert Zip to .prc and load into T650. Used Draft vs actual emailing it.

A RICK SAYS: BE SURE TO DELETE ALL DA FILES FROM CARD AND PROGRAMS BEFORE DOWNLOAD & INSTALLING.

Still a great program.

Regards, Frank
    I would love the feature to somehow take the searched info and input it into TomTom Navigator and plan a route with a button press...now that would be sweet!!!

**Likely not possible but hey I can dream :-)
    Ditto timexx8 but for Mapopolis NavCard
    If you guys can get the vendors of these products to cough up their record layout for the proper files, I'd be happy to add such a thing. Good luck. but I doubt they'd be willing.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    My DA only half works.. I can get driving directions.. but I can't look up any phone numbers... ???
    Make sure you have ver 3.11
    FastFrank
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank
    Make sure you have ver 3.11
    Thanks man.. I was running version 3.01 gonna try and find the new one now and DL it.
    Reposted here:

Hi All,

I have a bug that appears when I try to add an address book entry from Directory Assistant or Express. When I click the button to add the search result to my address book, my Treo 650 (Verizon, if that makes a difference) hangs up for a few seconds, then I hear very rapid "clicking" from the speaker. AFter about five seconds, the clicking stops, the functionality returns, and the entry is in my address book. Does anyone know what is going on?

I have not installed Agendus or any similar program and am so far only using the address book program that came with my Treo 650.

Thanks!!!!
    rlwhitt:

Here's what Mapopolis had to say about an API. They don't have one for my product, but there is one for their other product that uses maps downloaded from the web:

"There is not currently an API for the NavCard. I don't know what the future
    will bring.

API for web-based Palm OS 5 Mapopolis:

Our Palm API is described in this document: http://www.mapopolis.com/interface.doc. There have been some additional features added recently such as the ability to call Mapopolis to generate a route either from a GPS location or from the user's current location. This document gives details on how to call Mapopolis.

There is no license fee for use of the API. (We will issue you a free interface code when you are ready to start testing.)"

I use their Navigator product outside the US and NavCard in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt
    Never heard this one. How many contacts do you have?
    i do have over 3000 contacts
    i downloaded the beta version, and the reverse phone number lookup works great thanks, the problem is that it stilll has a lag on the copying to address book, and sometimes when i copy it the phone just makes a clicking noise and needs a soft reset neither of these problems happened with my cingular treo 600 i had just with my sprint 650. any ideas would be most appreciated
    Wow. This is definitely going to get my $10 when I get my Treo.

Speaking of mapping programs with open APIs, there are a lot of people playing with google maps and integrating it - such as with craigslist, gas stations, etc.

http://www.housingmaps.com/ - Craigslist housing list on google
    http://www.chicagocrime.org/ - Spooky. Chicago crime date shown on googlemaps.
    http://www.ahding.com/cheapgas/ - combines cheap-gas finding resource with googlemaps

screenshot of firefox greasemonkey extension integrating googlemaps with Boston transit maps:
    http://maps.mojodna.net/mbta/mbta.png

I don't know if this has been mentioned before in the thread... heh shoulda done a search.
    With about 2000 contacts, my phone clicks for about 12 to 15 seconds and eventually recovers. I am on Sprint and my 600 never had this issue.

The final storage in contacts is correct unless it is a contact without a street address. No street addr puts data into wrong places.
    FastFrank
    Quote Originally Posted by agrelck View Post
    I just installed Directory Assistant on my 650 and it seems like it's an awesome program but I have a slight problem - I can't search under residential or reverse. It just gives me an error ("Unexpected problem with the results response!"). Has YP.com updated their site again and the program just won't work or is it something else?
    This problem is here again. Seems to be limited to Residential Search. Whitt has been aware of this for about two weeks. Apparently yp.com has changed its interface again.
    So Rick is aware of the problem? I want to support DA in any way possible; would additional donations help? I really really love DA and want it back as soon as possible. Do we have a time frame?

Thanks, Dale
    Quote Originally Posted by netdale View Post
    So Rick is aware of the problem? I want to support DA in any way possible; would additional donations help? I really really love DA and want it back as soon as possible. Do we have a time frame?

Thanks, Dale
    Good idea. Cannot hurt. May help him focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by netdale View Post
    ........Do we have a time frame?

Thanks, Dale
    No time frame. He indicated that he does not understand how yp's new residential interface works. He has sent his contact an e-mail trying to clarify. Ball seems to be in their court.
    Hmm, maybe we should all call YP and put some pressure on! Well, I understand that its probably difficult to get a technical response. I'll just wait it out...
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910