1.    #1  
    I have SEARCHED AND SEARCHED and found nothing, so at the xtreme risk of asking a stupid question and getting flamed:

HOW IN THE )*%& do you auto sync via bluetooth?! I have tried programs like backup buddy, but it requires you to have the phone in the cradle... I want the phone to autosync if it is in the vacinity of my Bluetooth PAN! I'd be willing to try my hand at configuring a batch file if someone knows anything....

Any help would be appreciated!
    I have the same issue. Can someone help out.
    If the TreoAlarm author has the ability, he's going to incorporate setting up BT 'alarms' inside TreoAlarm. I've also suggested he set up Hotsync alarms as well, and if he can do both of those it might fill in this gap. This isn't quite what you're looking for, but it would do for me personally.

There is, however, an application specifically for this sort of thing I saw on PalmGear the other day and I have no idea what it was called, but I saw it searching for "bluetooth" in there within the few few pages. Basically it "pings" the BT PAN to see if it's within range every so often and does a sync.

I suspect you're wanting something that'll sync immediately if it's within range, not sure if anything does that yet. Isn't BlueTooth nice?
    There have been several explanations (search harder) for using Hotsync with BT but basically it involves setting up a BT serial port on the PC. Set up the BT serial port as a Hotsync port (PC Hotsync Tray ICON setup / local). You must match them up. If all goes well you should be able to initiate the Hotsync operation from the Hotsync applet on the phone. It is not a passive operation. It requires initiation. Big problem is it is EXTREMELY SLOOOOW especially if you sync / backup media files etc. Even USB 1.1 is almost TWENTY times faster than BT. If you were expecting to a fly-by sync with the phone in your pocket you would find yourself moving out of range before the process completes.

And did I mention it is slow. It is.
    Adam West
    I have mine set up at home so it only syncs AvantGo every 30 minutes at max, and only does a Sync+Backup once a day (at night). With AvantGo it takes about two to three minutes, without it takes about a minute perhaps. Not sure what it's doing when it says it's syncing the Saved Preferences file, but that's what takes the most time it seems, up to 20s.

It's definately a lot slower than the USB connection, but it's not bad, and it's very convenient
    Currenlty, profilecare allows automatic hotsync, and network sync, I am sure the developer, Jeff Gibson, would not mind entertaining the idea of BT sync since his app already has BT control incorporated.
    Treoing & Loving it
  7.    #7  
    [QUOTE=adamwest]There have been several explanations (search harder) for using Hotsync with BT but basically it involves setting up a BT serial port on the PC. QUOTE]
    Search Harder?! Read harder LoL

This isn't hotsync 101... But I appreciate the help from the other members... I did not see anything on Palms website that pings the PAN... but I will scour it because that sounds like what I am looking for. Other websites have said that if you try to have the phone sync as soon as the pan is detectable then the phone will be in constant search mode and will kill your battery... An occasion sync would work fine.

Thanks!
  8.    #8  
    I believe the phrase is "well I'll be a monkey's uncle..."

BTSync

The member above (sorry... can't recall the name) was right... there is a utility on Palmone that pings your bluetooth PAN in intervals! I LOVE IT! Now, if I could find a program that will search for multiple bt Pans (I have one on my work computer as well )

This is a huge step in the right direction and it is nicely priced ($10)
  9.    #9  
    I wrote the programmer and he responded by telling me that (multi-PANs) is something he is going to include in the next version (no ETA on the next version)
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Currenlty, profilecare allows automatic hotsync, and network sync, I am sure the developer, Jeff Gibson, would not mind entertaining the idea of BT sync since his app already has BT control incorporated.
    BT sync already works in ProfileCare. If your default connection type is setup for BT, the automated HotSync in ProfileCare will use the BT connection for HotSyncing.

Jeff
  11.    #11  
    okay... I know I am opening myself up here, but talk to me like I am stupid... What is Profile Care? Understand that I actuall just got my Treo 650 about two weeks ago after talking the BestBuy PSP people in to switching my old t600 out! So all of this is new... How do I autosync the profile? I assume that the phone does not need to be plugged into the sync cable (you'd be surprised the number of BT programs that require a direct connection for autosync to work!)

Help me out a bit further
    I am looking for the same thing. My T68 would sync as soon as I walked into the office so I never missed an appointment because I forgot to sync. I cliked the link above and it took me to the general software page on PalmOne but I found nothing that would work.

Is there any more advice you can give?
    Quote Originally Posted by bkgepdog
    I have SEARCHED AND SEARCHED and found nothing, so at the xtreme risk of asking a stupid question and getting flamed:

HOW IN THE )*%& do you auto sync via bluetooth?! I have tried programs like backup buddy, but it requires you to have the phone in the cradle... I want the phone to autosync if it is in the vacinity of my Bluetooth PAN! I'd be willing to try my hand at configuring a batch file if someone knows anything....

Any help would be appreciated!

Here is your answer:

http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...&prodID=52957#

BtSync makes running HotSync sessions over Bluetooth easier. While the device is off, BtSync checks for other Bluetooth devices nearby periodically (30min to 4hours selectable), and if a preconfigured host (a PC running HotSync) is found, starts HotSync in either Local or Modem/Network mode.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks for that link. I downloaded and installed BtSync but cannot get it to work. At the specifiec interval, it starts and says it is sniffing, then goes back to sleep without doing anything. I tested the BT connection by using the Run Hotsync Now button in the program and it works fine.

Any suggestions?
  15.    #15  
    This was posted so long ago that I forgot to give the final resoltion! I had to re-find it

Go to http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...e&prodID=52957

As I am sure you have already read, for both security and battery-related reasons, you do not want your T650 to be in a constant search mode. This program allows you to sync at intervals. I have personally written the software developer and he has stated that he intends to include the ability to sync with multiple PANs in the next version (in case you sync at home and the office... of your wifes house and your girlfriends house )

Its cheap and easy to set up.
  16.    #16  
    Sorry... shouldn't drink and respond to tech-related questions at the same time... Are you sure that your computer recognized the trusted pair? If it is sniffing it should work. I would trash everything and start anew
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    BT sync already works in ProfileCare. If your default connection type is setup for BT, the automated HotSync in ProfileCare will use the BT connection for HotSyncing.

Jeff
    for the life of me i cannot figure out how to make BT the default hotsync connection. i have my BT connection highlighted under the hotsync menu, yet when my scheduled ProfileCare hotsync goes off it always tries to use the cradle/cable.

can someone please shed some light on this?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by thescientist34
    for the life of me i cannot figure out how to make BT the default hotsync connection. i have my BT connection highlighted under the hotsync menu, yet when my scheduled ProfileCare hotsync goes off it always tries to use the cradle/cable.

can someone please shed some light on this?

Thanks!
    Try these link.. might help you... good luck!

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...tem,CASE=31200

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...tem,CASE=21382

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...tem,CASE=13950
    Love is a chemical state of mind that's part of our genes and influenced by our upbringing. We are wired for romance in part because we are supposed to be loving parents who care diligently for our helpless babies.

Gadget begets gadgets
    when, and if you get your bt sync going. I would advise popping your sd card out before you sync. It makes hotsyncing a 5mins or less affair v/s 20mins or better if you leave the card in, especially if you have lots of movies & mp3's on your card
    HTC Touch Pro
    Does anyone know if the developer is going to release an update any time soon that would include scheduling parameters to limit sniffing to user configurable options - (M-F 8-5)? I would love to purchase, but do not want my Treo constantly sniffing when I am not near my PC.......