1.    #1  
    Hey,
    I posted this about a week ago in the US GSM forums but didn't get a response. I am tyring to change my plan from PDA Unlimited to MediaNet Unlimited but I keep getting the same error message that says " We are unable to add your feature due to an error in our systems. Please wait a moment and try again." Can anyone help me out so I can switch my plan...
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Are you using Firefox or other non-MSIE browser? Have you limited certain features like cookies or Javascript for security reasons? I find that some parts of the Cingular site only work with Internet Explorer and very "promiscuous" security settings, and I have gotten exactly the same error message as you when trying to practice "safe browsing." I keep a copy of MSIE around just for the occasional badly-built site.

[I could express the opinion that Cingular's site was constructed by a clueless script kiddie with no proper knowledge of software development and testing, but I probably shouldn't.]
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Call them.

Maybe that seems old-fashioned, but it works.
  4.    #4  
    I just tried IE, same error message.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Why not just call and tell them to switch. If they give you grief or tell you it won't work...just tell them you'll take the chance.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hold on... you don't have a Treo on your current phone in their record do you? If you do, that might be the case... kaZ they won't let you have a MEWorks if you have a Treo...

Bus-turds.
    Yes, I bet that's the problem too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    They may be doing better checking on their web site now.. but back in February, I bought the Treo 650 from them online, without any data package. When I got my Treo by mail, I added the $19.99/mo Media Works with unlimited internet by going on-line.

No humans involved (other than me..)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDu
    Hold on... you don't have a Treo on your current phone in their record do you? If you do, that might be the case... kaZ they won't let you have a MEWorks if you have a Treo...

Bus-turds.
    Not entirely true. I had my Treo in their records and then went in to change from the PDA plan to MediaNet. They gave me grief about it, said it wouldn't work, said it would cause billing problems, said it was only meant for phones to download ringers and for text messaging, etc... I asked her to explain how that could be and she mumbled something about a past customer that had problems. I remained persistant and they gave it to me.

As a last resort, try canceling the PDA plan, wait a day and then sign up for the Medianet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ
    As a last resort, try canceling the PDA plan, wait a day and then sign up for the Medianet.
    You mean *shudder* go without a data plan for 24 hours?!? That's inhumane!
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Over in the former AT&T Wireless forum is this interesting tidbit from Cingular:

New Data and Voice Plans taking effect June 1st!

The voice and data plans have been simplified to help customers choose the right plans for their wireless voice and data needs. Cingular has responded to customer needs by adjusting and improving the pricing on media net and adding larger buckets of media net plans to support the use of usage - intensive applications like Mobi TV, MLB audio and much more! For our second quarter, Cingular voice plans have become extremely competitive in the market. We will keep you informed as more information is rolled out...

No other details provided.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ
    Not entirely true. I had my Treo in their records and then went in to change from the PDA plan to MediaNet. They gave me grief about it, said it wouldn't work, said it would cause billing problems, said it was only meant for phones to download ringers and for text messaging, etc... I asked her to explain how that could be and she mumbled something about a past customer that had problems. I remained persistant and they gave it to me.

LOL I know David, the thing is that original poster was trying to change it online via OLAM, not over the phone nor in the store.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    You mean *shudder* go without a data plan for 24 hours?!? That's inhumane!
    Maybe he could call in sick, call out for pizza, and stay on the cable modem for a day... what'd ya think?