1.    #1  
    People tell when I accept their call they hear a screeetching noise (sort of static) for a second. Anyone else have this happen? A few people have mentioned it to me. I'm on FW 1.21 for Cingular. Maybe I should upgrade to 1.23? Also...when I turn dial-up dun on....when my screen goes to sleep...it takes forever to wake it up?! Whats the deal?!
    Last edited by rapps; 05/10/2005 at 08:24 PM.
    I've had the same thing told to me several times and I'm on a lower FW version than you.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tj722
    I've had the same thing told to me several times and I'm on a lower FW version than you.
    Well...I guess I'm not crazy then!! It still does it and I just upgraded to FW 1.23.

Anyone else experiencing this and/or have a solution?

Thanks!
  4. tmt
    Answer the phone when it's not ringing. For some unfathomable reason, the 650 answers the call when the ringer is still clanging away. The phone app should cease the ringing before this, but it doesn't...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tmt
    Answer the phone when it's not ringing. For some unfathomable reason, the 650 answers the call when the ringer is still clanging away. The phone app should cease the ringing before this, but it doesn't...

Great tip! I hope its as helpful for others as it was for me
    That is a great work around... but still unacceptable... this is something that is not supposed to happen.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridges
    That is a great work around... but still unacceptable... this is something that is not supposed to happen.
    Maybe a fix via FW update?
    yes... they should address this... many people have told me that it hurts their ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridges
    yes... they should address this... many people have told me that it hurts their ears.

Nah, leave it. If we know how to work around it, we can punish certain ppl for calling. I can think of a few I would like to send ear-piercing noises to. Then I just play dumb or blame it on Verizon