1.    #1  
    So...I've tried searching all the posts...but there is no consensus about this!!!

So when I hook up the Treo 650 to an external speaker...the Mic automatically is muted. I can hear the other person on the phone fine, but they can't hear me!

So here's what I've found in searching posts:
    1) The mic is not muted on the Treo 600 when plugged into audio out.
    2) Some users of the Treo 650 says the mic IS NOT muted, and they can even use regular stereo headPHONES to listen to music and talk on the phone.
    3) Some users of the Treo 650 says the mic IS muted, and they can only use a headSET that has a built in mic.

So...the question is...is this a hardware or software issue?...if its a hardware issue, does any company make a male/male audio cable (not headphone) with a built in mic/button? ...if its a software issue, is there a hack out there that keeps the mic on no matter what's plugged in? Please help!!
    Being that the jack used on the Treo was made for headsets, it would seem only logical that if P1 thought only headsets would be plugged in (which have a mic) they would just have the mic disabled when anything is plugged in. So, it may be safe to say that it is a software issue with a hardware trigger...I'm not genius so I would say you need to talk to someone with more experience on digging into the ROM like dutchtrumpet maybe or shadowmite.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    i have a mic/headset that has a built in mute/volume dial on the cord. If I set the mute on the headset the mic on the phone is still active and people can hear me. this is a very annoying and an embarrasing situation waiting to happen.
  4.    #4  
    i can't believe no one has found a solution to this problem. I'm sure TONS of treo users use the headphone jack with music headphones...and it would be great if they could just start talking into the treo mic when someone called. I for one...and I'm sure many others...use that headphone jack as an audio out to my car's FM transmitter. When a call comes in...it would be GREAT to just press 'answer' to receive the caller thru my car speakers and TALK to the other person thru the TREO mic. There MUST BE A WAY!!! I'm thinking either a hack...or someone better start making male/male audio plug that has a built-in mic! I'd buy it and I'm sure many ppl would too.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rapatapat
    When a call comes in...it would be GREAT to just press 'answer' to receive the caller thru my car speakers and TALK to the other person thru the TREO mic.
    That can potentialy create a dreadful feedback and/or echo effect because the sound from your speakers will go right back into the phone's mic. The speakerphone function of a phone prevents this from hapenning because when it senses the sound in the microphone, it turns off the speaker. Not sure if this function would work with external speaker.

Raphael