1.    #1  
    I very much liked the dis_buttons app for the Treo600. This allowed me to disable the Keyguard and simply push the power button twice to "wake up" the 600.

I don't think it works for the Treo650.
    How about you disable keyguard (there's an option in Prefs for it) and press the red phone button once to wake the 650?

Tom
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars
    How about you disable keyguard (there's an option in Prefs for it) and press the red phone button once to wake the 650?

Tom
    I carry the treo in my pocket. With this option it is too easy to press keys when not wanted.
    I can see that, I guess. Pressing the power key then 5-way center isn't too bad. You get used to it.

In fact I have to break myself of the habit, as I've turned keyguard completely off!

Some sort of flip case might do you well.

Tom
    Check out Pocket Protector from Geakware. I think it will do what you're looking for.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I've been using Disable Buttons 2.1 on my Treo 650 with no issues whatsoever, other than the fact that the labels don't match up (Datebook is the green phone button and MemoPad is the red phone button). I disable all buttons except for "memopad", and use the built in keyguard, so you have to hit the red phone button to power up, then press the center to unlock. Combine this with KeyguardTime+ set to be active whenever keyguard is active, and it's a great combination, IMHO.

Disable Buttons 2.1 can be found at PalmGear (freeware)
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodid=47316