Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK so my 650 is just sitting on the table in front of me and the screen keeps coming on without the gaurd, without anything touching it... Its driving me nutz cause i keep catching it outa the cornor of my eye and i think im getting a call or something....
    Are you using a program that maybe wakes up the Treo..maybe like a e-mail program or verichat?
  3.    #3  
    i use snappermail and it is set to check every 4 hours but this is happening every few mins... other then that nothing that would wake it up
    Are you in an area of weak coverage? When the Treo temporarily loses a signal, it for some reason lights the screen back up while it searches and reconnects to the tower. That's the only time I've seen mine do something like that. Could this be the problem?
    I don't use any other software at all and mine will do this from time to time as well.

Guys, look... it's this new memory system causing these hundreds of different anomolies in the 650... unexplained stuff is popping up all over the place... it comes and goes... a bizarre problem that you've never had before will pop up today and then mysteriously fix itself, sometimes after several hard resets and sometimes with no coaxing at all... sometimes over weeks or months and sometimes it only shows up for one day... many times you'd hardly notice it if it was minor enough... but sometimes it's like it just jumps up and slaps you.

Look past the problem itself, as it is merely the symptom...

The cause is the GD memory.

I'm telling you P1 needs to be pressured to go back to the old memory system that was on the 600... they also need to make it 128k... it would hardly cost them anything to add the extra memory.

As a side benefit... think of all the old apps that you once loved that you'd be able to run again!

Food for thought.
    So you're saying that NVFS is responsible for the screen coming on when the phone goes in or out of roaming, which is likely what is happening. I'll keep my 64m of ram vs your 128k.
    What zoocat referred to about signal strength wavering is most likely what's causing your screen to light up. Mine does this a lot in one of the buildings in which I've recently been working. On mine I think it is caused by one or more of the signal strength meter bars appearing and then disappearing. After it comes on I've watched the meter intently and I can at times see one of the bars appearing and then disappearing.

I think on the T650 anything that affects the screen display will cause it to light including changes to the signal strength meter.
    Quote Originally Posted by docmaster
    I don't use any other software at all and mine will do this from time to time as well.

Guys, look... it's this new memory system causing these hundreds of different anomolies in the 650... unexplained stuff is popping up all over the place... it comes and goes... a bizarre problem that you've never had before will pop up today and then mysteriously fix itself, sometimes after several hard resets and sometimes with no coaxing at all... sometimes over weeks or months and sometimes it only shows up for one day... many times you'd hardly notice it if it was minor enough... but sometimes it's like it just jumps up and slaps you.
    Tell you what, if you can come up with one bit of evidence, or even a chain of logic, that explains how NVFS causes his screen to come on frequently, I'll agree with you, and maybe even buy you a beer.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Just did a test and when coming in and out of roaming the screen does activate itself.
    "I'm telling you P1 needs to be pressured to go back to the old memory system that was on the 600... they also need to make it 128k... it would hardly cost them anything to add the extra memory."
    Yeah and when your battery dies you loose all your info..Don't think so...
  10.    #10  
    i have full singal strength, i was just sitting in my living room where i dont have any problems with my singal... it has stopped doing it now, but that sure was weird
    If you use ZLauncher you can see a little circle pop up on the screen which shows you're in Roam. I don't think I've seen the Roam symbol anywhere else, but I didn't watch the default Launcher that much honestly.

I have yet to have it show any information about who I'm roaming on, I like being able to see, but oh well.
    Same happened to me.... and seems to come again.

I think is something related to the agenda in my case ( I replicate with lotus notes). Last time I did a Hard reset and solve the issue.
    WTF is that avatar, loki?
    Back of neck with, ouch! we won't go there...?

Todd/Indy
  15.    #15  
    treorunner thats the back of my neck... lol
  16.    #16  
    ok i think i figured it out, my phone started doing it agian today after i got back from lunch... ok to start off i keep my phone on viberate while im at work.. (coworkers dont like my ringtones) and i carry my 650 in my pocket. Ok so the screen keep coming on and for some reason i turn the sound on and boom it was playing my mp3's... So my guess is that each time it changed songs my screen lit up but i couldnt hear it due to it being on vibrate... ok so know how do i stop my phone from waking up in my pocket
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Do you have the side button activate RealPlayer? Maybe it gets activated accidentally while in your pocket and then starts playing your mp3s so the screen comes on as well.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    I've also seen it stated here that sometimes a speck of dirt or similar may get caught under a screen protector (if using one) causing it to do strange things and seem haunted.
    I was told by P1 that it is "hardware" issue !!!
  20.    #20  
    i dont have a side button to start real player, those start my games.. so i dont know what it is... but it did it agian last night im thinking of not carrying my 650 in my pocket anymore...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast