Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Seeing that Picsel Browser or any other software program to read native pdf files is not widely available, I'm interested in learning how you all have worked around this limitation.

Here's mine: Convert pdf to Word format using PDF Converter 2 from Scansoft and use Documents To Go or Wordsmith to view the file.

Bill
    Reqwireless WebViewer 4.0 will allow you to view a PDF in the web browser. The proxy strips a lot out of it, but you're able to read the text in the PDF right in the browser.
    This of course only helps if the PDF is on the internet
    http://www.requwireless.com/

Cingular XPress Mail does the same thing, let's you view PDF, word, and excel right in the emamail app, again it really trashes the formatting and removes graphics, but you can get to the text.
    This of course again only helps if the PDF is via email.

If I must, I'll upload the PDF to my web site. Then download it in to WebViewer, or email it to myself to XPress Mail.

Real PDF support would be nice though.
    I would have loved to be able to view the NYC Subway map PDF on my Treo.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Isn't Converter 2 a PC app, or is there a palm version? The biggest problem I have is converting on the fly (ie email attachments).

Quote Originally Posted by wmadan
    Seeing that Picsel Browser or any other software program to read native pdf files is not widely available, I'm interested in learning how you all have worked around this limitation.

Here's mine: Convert pdf to Word format using PDF Converter 2 from Scansoft and use Documents To Go or Wordsmith to view the file.

Bill
    I'm a long time user of Repligo for PDF viewing.

Repligo adds a "printer" to your Windows Printers folder. Any time you want to convert a PDF for the Repligo viewer on the Treo 650, just go File, Print using the Repligo printer and it converts it in to the Repligo Documents folder on the Treo for viewing at the next sync.

This can be done with web pages and Word/Excel docs.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyGOP
    Isn't Converter 2 a PC app, or is there a palm version? The biggest problem I have is converting on the fly (ie email attachments).
    Yeah, PDF Converter is a PC app,

It sounds like all options require some conversion before being viewed on the Treo.

Bill
    Instead of Reqwireless Webviewer try ReqWireless EmailViewer. Let's you get PDF's from email but again no graphics.
    I have a solution for viewing PDFs on your Treo or Treo 650.

Check out my blog post:
    http://jeremiahcook.blogspot.com/200...-for-treo.html
    PDF Viewer for Treo and Blackberry and More
    Receive PDF email attachments and view them on your wireless PDA!

NOW IN COLOR TOO. GOTO HTTP://WWW.PDF2PDA.COM

Works on Treo 600/650, most color Blackberry models, and more. No additional handheld software or desktop software required*.

New Release of PDF2PDA- August 23rd 2005
    Cook Consulting Services, Inc. is proud to announce the formal release of PDF2PDA, now with color support. With PDF2PDA, you can now view full color PDF email attachments on the most popular wireless handhelds, no strings attached. This is a completely wireless solution. No additional handheld software or desktop software is required*. This solution supports any PDF and all mobile email applications that support jpg attachment downloading and viewing.
    Evaluate PDF2PDA for 5 days for free. After evaluation, buy a PDF2PDA 1-year service subscription for $40 USD for the individual.

Extra Discounts/Features available for Business Customers.
    GOTO http://www.pdf2pda.com/

Google Terms:
    View PDF on Blackberry. PDF Viewer for Blackberry. PDF Viewer for Treo. PDF Reader for Blackberry. PDF Reader for Treo. Acrobat Reader for Palm OS. Acrobat Reader fro Blackberry. Acrobat Reader on Treo. Acrobat Reader on Blackberry.
    My solution is quite simple. I have an internet fax line that I use for business with Send to Fax: https://www.send2fax.com/ , which by the way, is a toll free. I can choose to receive my faxes either as pdf or tif. I set it to receive them as tif. My faxes are then delivered directly to my inbox on my desktop and on my treo. I view them in my treo with this great app Resco Viewer: http://www.resco.net/palm/photoviewer/default.asp. If the pdf file comes via email, I just forward it to my own fax number via email, since Send 2 Fax allows you to send faxes to an email address that forwards it to any fax number (land or internet based), and in a couple of minutes, I receive it converted to a tif file.

I have the excutive plus package which is 14.95 a month which allows me to send and recieve up to 200 pages per month. Their setup fee is very reasonable and you have plans starting in $1.95 a month. Most of all, you email their customer support and they respond very quickly. They are constantly working on improving their service.
    Folks,

FYI, I have tried the pdf2pda service, and it is incredible! Super simple and super fast. Correctly converted 100% of the toughest PDF's that I through at it. Great solution for Treo users.
    whats wrong with using adobe reader?
    Sam, you have to convert them on the PC first. The top is how to view a native PDF file on the Treo (without conversion).
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.