1.    #1  
    Is it possible to create an alarm, that makes a noise (is loud) even though the button on top of the Treo is switched to "silent mode"?

Background:
    I'd like to put my Treo in silent mode over night, but use my Treo as a alarm clock in the morning.
    No, the hardware switch is a full mute. But check out profiles
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    No, the hardware switch is a full mute. But check out profiles
    I think you would also like ProfileCare and or ScheduleCare. They will help you manage sounds and 24 other settings on your Treo!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    No, the hardware switch is a full mute.
    The switch can still be overwridden by software (it isn't a switch that physically disconnects the speaker).

Example: with switch to mute, speakerphone still works..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmax
    Is it possible to create an alarm, that makes a noise (is loud) even though the button on top of the Treo is switched to "silent mode"?

Background:
    I'd like to put my Treo in silent mode over night, but use my Treo as a alarm clock in the morning.
    What I do is just go to sounds menu and put all calls & alerts on no sound. Takes about 10 seconds to do Sucks that we have to do this but hey... what are you gona do?

- Blades
    Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    The switch can still be overwridden by software (it isn't a switch that physically disconnects the speaker).

Example: with switch to mute, speakerphone still works..
    Actually, my geek side is intrigued to know what the switch actually does. I have noticed, for example, that if I turn the switch on while my phone is resetting, I'll get the tail end of the "welcome" tone from the speaker. This suggests that the application is still genetrating the tones, but the switch is preventing them from reaching the speaker.

But yes, there's obviously more to it than simply disconnecting the speaker.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro