1.    #1  
    I just purchase a software that will let you use any mp3's, wma's and wmv files as music you have and edit them to create ringtones.

The software will even let you convert them to either mp3, wav, amr or smaf.

Which format does TREO use?

My other question is, how would I go about importing them into my TREO to make them a ringtone?

I have put these edited clips of music in a folder on my pc, my next logical step would be to either hot sync them somehow with my TREO or put them on my expansion card somewhere and try to somehow make my TREO use them from there.

I tried to put them on my expansion card but there is no option I know of to use them as a ringtone.

Is there a program I should use to import them into my TREO for usage?

Just to help those help me, the name of the program is Magix Ringtone Maker.
    you can use amr and wavs as ringtones .. you need a 3rd party ringtone manager to use mp3s as ringtones...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  3.    #3  
    Ok so I use the AMR.
    How do I get my TREO to use it as a ringtone?
    email or synch... I would only try email if there fairly short.. also they must be in ram...
  5.    #5  
    I tried to sync.
    When the sync window comes up, I am unable to drag and drop the file in the window under handheld. The circle with cross Icon comes up when I move my cursor over it holding the file.

Any step by step instructions on how to do this?
    go to sprintusers.com and use there uploader to get the ringtones on your treo on the site they have step by step instructions on how to do it..
  7.    #7  
    Thanks
    no problem..
    what about for veizon . how do i upload to my treo 650
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Really the fastest way is to email it to yourself and then download it to the ram. It will work then
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    I have the BEST ringtone, OMG. Converted it to .amr, emailed it to the treo, saved it to RAM, shows up in the rings list...BUT: no sound. I'm in tears. (not really. but still.)
    how do you shorten mp3's or make them smaller to email them
    Quote Originally Posted by milez
    how do you shorten mp3's or make them smaller to email them
    I use mp3cutter.