1.    #1  
    Well, I think I've had it with Chatter Email, and SnapperMail is to clumsy for IMAP - what else is there for true IMAP support?
    Ok, I'll take the bait ... why have you had it with Chatter??
  3.    #3  
    1. It has reset the palm several times and blown the accounts away.
    2. It is the root of the need to press buttons multiple times to turn the Treo650 on.
    3. Connection state is unstable and often losses track of what mailboxes are online or offline.
    4. Timed Qsync has issues (multiple).
    5. Hard to install upgrades.
    6. Randomly puts the Treo in a state where I have to do a soft-reset to connect to the Vision network form other/any app.

I wish it worked better, I really liked it. But I'm getting tired.
    Last edited by pinfante; 05/09/2005 at 09:32 PM.
    I don't know what true IMAP support is, but despite all the terrible reviews here, I've used Versamail with my IMAP + POP3 without any problems at all. Of course, my use is relatively simple - get the mail & read it, write mail and send it... so it might not have whatever features you need.
    pinfante - Well, your experiences are very unusual, and you've mainly been working with Beta versions. I hate to sound defensive here, but ...

1. The stable version is, well, stable. I don't know why you're surprised that there are issues with Beta versions. (BTW, blowing accounts away sounds like a Sprint Updater issue...)
    2. I hardly ever see this; perhaps it's related to other issues.
    3. Nobody else has ever reported this.
    4. I have no idea what these are; nobody is reporting problems with this.
    5. Well, the latest Beta's have been all about upgrading! And you're right - some have been very unstable!
    6. I've had one or two reports of this, always on Sprint phones. Go figure.

Offhand, I'd say you have setup issues or problems from the Updater. But ... whatever floats that nice boat of yours!

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfante
    1. It has reset the palm several times and blown the accounts away.
    2. It is the root of the need to press buttons multiple times to turn the Treo650 on.
    3. Connection state is unstable and often losses track of what mailboxes are online or offline.
    4. Timed Qsync has issues (multiple).
    5. Hard to install upgrades.
    6. Randomly puts the Treo in a state where I have to do a soft-reset to connect to the Vision network form other/any app.

I wish it worked better, I really liked it. But I'm getting tired.
    Ok, well I am using chatter in trial. The beta wa simply to unstable for me. So using tthe stable version here is what I get.
    1. Has reset once. Been fine since that
    2. I can not say that. Sometimes I have to hit button twice.
    3. Has happened to me as well. I try to keep mailboxes online at all times no and have more of a problem with #6
    4. Did not use.
    5. Using stable version and no upgrades available.
    6. This happens to me a lot. I can not trust that the connection with stay on in a stable state or get into a hung state. (I have sprint)

The only way to correct is a rest of the network stack (done either via a soft reset or RestNetLib program)

I want IMAP but the hangs are a big problem.
    wareynolds - Can you make me a log of this? If you need logging instructions, look at the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com or email me at chatteremail@imap.cc.

Marc
    Very odd -- I have not had these issues at all myself.

of course, I have GSM, not CDMA, but that ought not to be a problem ...

Chatter > any others that I have tried.
    agendus mail?? It looks pretty :-)
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Pinfante -

Try the most recent Chatter beta (1.0.5.2b10). It is very stable and Marc has changed the way that preferences are handled. Each time you shutdown Chatter it saves a snapshot of your preferences profile so that if you have a soft reset and you lose an IMAP account, Chatter will automatically "sync" your current profile with the saved profile, saving you the headache of having to re-enter preferences.
    Not sure but JP Mobile is planning to Support IMAP and POP3 in coming months