1.    #1  
    I am a frequent user of GO2MYPC using my notebook to my home desktop. Tried using Blazer to do the trick, but apparantly one must run Java, so no go. Did a Google search for {palm "remote access" pda} and surprisingly got a lot of hits; several pages. I have never seen that discussed here. Nobody using? If so, favorite?

Mike
    You have to have a client installed for Go2MYPC. There is not a client for Palm, only the Pocket PC side.
    Win-Hand
    I like Winhad and then we put in our firewall.
    I email the people at GTMPC on the regular (once a month) to see what's cooking with a Palm version of the software. They told me that there are serious memory issues with GTMPC operating on Palm OS and it is very unstable. That's all I got. They didn't sound positive about about a possible Palm OS solution at all.
    LapLink Everywhere 4 works on the Treo.

http://www.laplink.com/products/lle/overview.asp
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    I email the people at GTMPC on the regular (once a month) to see what's cooking with a Palm version of the software. They told me that there are serious memory issues with GTMPC operating on Palm OS and it is very unstable. That's all I got. They didn't sound positive about about a possible Palm OS solution at all.
    They were clearer when I called. They flat out said that they had no intention of coming up with a product for the Palm OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by technogrammy
    LapLink Everywhere 4 works on the Treo.

http://www.laplink.com/products/lle/overview.asp

Does Laplink work behind a firewall?
  9.    #9  
    Saw Laplink on my Google search. I'm actually pretty happy with GTMPC via my notebook, and have an annual subscription, just thought a Treo capability would be handy. Has anyone tried Laplink? Comments. And, would want to try it with my notebook; don't want two different services to pay for.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Win-Hand now has a version that works just like GTMPC - goes behind firewalls and all. Still pricey for me. I would go for it if it was $4.95/month. But I can't justify another $20+ a month on top of my GTMPC monthly fee also (I need the GTMPC for access from home and laptop).
    Yeah, I can't justify that on top of my GTMPC either. I have it on my office and home computer and it works great. I would love to have a Palm solution just so I don't have to break out the laptop when I'm on the road.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    If GTMPC does not want to develop a Palm client, then GTMPC should contact WinHand and strike a deal to offer it as GTMPC's client for palms!
    If your home router / firewall can accept a VPN connection then there is Mergic VPN and TSMobile. TSMobile uses remote desktop built in to XP. VERY usable remotely. I run a bunch of servers using it. There is another company making a similar product remote desktop product. One time purchase for the VPN and the TSMobile products. There is also VNC (freeware client and server).
    Adam West