Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I have just received my new Holux 236 Bluetooth GPS Receiver.
    Now I have a dream...
    I want to use my Treo 650 in conjuction with the Holux, and go on an "adventourous" ride with my Vespa scooter. But how can I stick my 650 to the handlebars of my Vespa?

    Open for suggestions!

    Regards,

    Christopher
  2. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by grenness
    I have just received my new Holux 236 Bluetooth GPS Receiver.
    Now I have a dream...
    I want to use my Treo 650 in conjuction with the Holux, and go on an "adventourous" ride with my Vespa scooter. But how can I stick my 650 to the handlebars of my Vespa?

    Open for suggestions!

    Regards,

    Christopher
    Return that GPS and get the TomTom. The TomTom has a magnet on the bottom and would keep it in place.

    Or you can get some good old velcro strips.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Return that GPS and get the TomTom. The TomTom has a magnet on the bottom and would keep it in place.

    Or you can get some good old velcro strips.
    The issue isn't to have the GPS unit stick to the handlebars, but the Treo. The Holux I will keep in my backpack (there's a room on the outside where it will fit without trouble.

    But what I will try, is a magnet system like the one I have in my car. If the magnet is powerful enough, that might be enough to keep the Treo in place (but I would have to test it first, to make sure it doesn't fall off in 80 kmh!)

    Christopher
  4. #4  
    I dont know but this is just an off-the-wall question. Can the magnet affect the Treo if it is placed directly on it? You know, like a computer.
  5. #5  
    Vespa... NICE.

    The only thing cooler is the BMW C1
  6. #6  
    i thought that Seidio had a handlebar mount for their G series carkits, however it appears i was wrong... i know that otterbox has handlebar mounts for those- however it's only cost effective if you already have an otterbox... a quick google search brought this up
    http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products...=RCB-CELLCLAMP
    http://www.ram-mount.com/
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by phsv
    I dont know but this is just an off-the-wall question. Can the magnet affect the Treo if it is placed directly on it? You know, like a computer.
    I doubt it, since the Treo doesn't have a harddrive.

    Anyways, I found a magnet holder in my local hardware store. Fastened it with double-sided tape (don't know if it will hold, if not I'll use super glue) and tomorrow I'll see how well the Treo will stick to it (I also bought a package of metal blades meant for cell phones with Li/ION batteries which doesn't stick to magnets on their own; plastered three blades on the inside of the 650's battery cover)

    If this setup works ok, I'll shoot some pictures and post them here in a couple of days.

    -Christopher

Posting Permissions