Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Hoping someone can help. I am runing out of memory, I have less than 1 mg available. I am using power run to move all the small apps to the media card but have 2 large program that must reside in the internal memory.

Are there any files using FileZ I can delete that I really dont need? When I open File Z and look at the file I don't recognize any file names.

Any help would really be appreciated.
    Are you sure they can't be transfered to the card? When you run them they copy themselves into RAM anyways, so really every program you ever run is running in RAM. The only time the program must stay in RAM is if it needs to be running in the background 24/7 (ie, something with alarms)

Asside from that, a Hard Reset, and then re-sync always seems to free up some memory.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    Are you sure they can't be transfered to the card? When you run them they copy themselves into RAM anyways, so really every program you ever run is running in RAM. The only time the program must stay in RAM is if it needs to be running in the background 24/7 (ie, something with alarms)
    Some programs just will not run from the SD card - there are multiple threads on this subject. But even if an app can run from SD, there still has to be enough free RAM to accomodate it while it's running. If you move a 5MB application to SD, then you're going to need to keep at least 5MB of RAM free in order to be able to run that application, since as Chillin mentions, it has to be loaded into RAM before it can be run. But once it's been run, the RAM copy is deleted to free up the space for the next app.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Both apps are industry realted. Realestate. One is MLS data the other is a contact database. The MLS app syncs daily at 2 am and is 11mb. The database requires 5-6mb. Tech support for the database says it must reside in internal mem.