Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I enjoy TreoAlarm. However, now that it is no longer free (perhaps never was free ), it easier to compare them head-to-head. I am curious what people think of both. The reviews I have read seem to prefer Bob's. Thoughts?
    Palmary clock! The features on that clock are pretty incredible (not to mention, it's gorgeous). I do like the weather update of TreoAlarm though, but TreoAlarm does not have a timer function.
    Do any of the others have a large snooze button like TreoAlarm? I'm a snoozer...
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I use Bob's. Snooze is cool. You can set it up so a tap anywhere on the screen snoozes.

Haven't used the others so I can't compare. With Bob's you get two things: Clock/Alarm/Timer, and pop-up so you can check the time when the device is off.

It doesn't have the ability to pop up the time over your current application.

I'm very happy with it. My only problem is that I wish it had an analog clock face option.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    I've been using Bob's because it's very reliable; I don't have any issues with other programs or resets causing the alarm to disappear or not sound. Love the tap the screen to snooze. I have noticed it's difficult to actually turn the alarm off by pressing a hard key (know 650 issue); may have been rectified, have not re-read the documentation after last update (recent). Enjoy, Kevin.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    They have overlapping but distinct features and I prefer the unique features of TreoAlarm to those in Bob's Alarm - I never use the stopwatch or ability to play MP3s in BA but really like time sync and weather in TA.

BA is a much more mature product, but if the issues in TA can be sorted (see other threads in this forum) I think that this will be the one I keep on my Treo.
    Doesn't Bob's work in basic form without registration?
    where can i find bobs alarm?
    go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RarM_Software/

you can find the latest beta version there. There is a very useful clock popup
    called BPLaunch, yes, it actually popup over any application you are in, and it
    also shows you what is the next alarm coming up. It only works if you have a
    registered version of Bob's Alarm running, and it's free.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevengoh
    , yes, it actually popup over any application you are in
    You can get it to pop over an active application, and not lose the application?

How?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Nope, I believe it has a trial period and during the trial period you are stuck with two events for each type? I've had it registered since it first came out and am very pleased with it. Ben