Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Rob:

    I have a suggestion for another feature for Butler. Whenever the speaker switch on top of the Treo is in the 'off' position, change the color and/or blink rate of the LED. For example, if I switch the speaker off, change the LED to a fast green, instead of normal. Or perhaps to blinking amber (is that even an option?) Seems like an elegant and clean solution to Palm's stupi^h^h^h^h^h oversight in failling to give us an easy way to tell we left the speaker off.

    What do you think of adding this to Butler?

    (In fairness, this is not totallly my idea. The developer of ProfileCare / ScheduleCare has implemented this in his program. But I think this is a natrual fit for Butler.)

    Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  2. #2  
    I'd settle for it to notify me of waiting voicemail with sprint via the LCD.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    I'd settle for it to notify me of waiting voicemail with sprint via the LCD.
    If you ment LED and not LCD, then Butler already lets you know if you have Sprint Voicemail. On my Treo600 and 650, I have Butler set to give a fast rapid green flash of the LED when I have voicemail waiting.
  4. #4  
    Doesn't work with all networks. VM notification doesn't work with my Cingular GSM Treo 650, even though the built-in Alert Manager almost instantly notifies me of waiting VM.

    I don't know why Butler is unable to hook into the OS and change the LED state for me.

    I agree that SoundOff indicator will be a nice feature. SoundOFF is an application to do this, but I never got the hang of it. 2Day has a visual indicator, but that's not obstrusive enough to draw attention to ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Doesn't work with all networks. VM notification doesn't work with my Cingular GSM Treo 650, even though the built-in Alert Manager almost instantly notifies me of waiting VM.

    I don't know why Butler is unable to hook into the OS and change the LED state for me.

    I agree that SoundOff indicator will be a nice feature. SoundOFF is an application to do this, but I never got the hang of it. 2Day has a visual indicator, but that's not obstrusive enough to draw attention to ...
    Have you contacted the aurthor of Butler about it not working with a GSM 650 on Cingular?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Rob:

    I have a suggestion for another feature for Butler. Whenever the speaker switch on top of the Treo is in the 'off' position, change the color and/or blink rate of the LED. For example, if I switch the speaker off, change the LED to a fast green, instead of normal. Or perhaps to blinking amber (is that even an option?) Seems like an elegant and clean solution to Palm's stupi^h^h^h^h^h oversight in failling to give us an easy way to tell we left the speaker off.

    What do you think of adding this to Butler?

    (In fairness, this is not totallly my idea. The developer of ProfileCare / ScheduleCare has implemented this in his program. But I think this is a natrual fit for Butler.)

    Thanks,
    How about if the switch is off the LED is off. And when the switch is on then the led blinks normally?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Have you contacted the aurthor of Butler about it not working with a GSM 650 on Cingular?
    Yes, on MTDN. He seemed to imply that the feature simply did not work under some circumstances ... Tough!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  8. #8  
    This feature is implemented in ProfileCare.

    Jeff
  9. #9  
    Anyone tested PC and Butler to see if they get along?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A

Posting Permissions