1.    #1  
    I don't currently have an uninstaller, but can see the need for one.

So, 2 Q's:

1. Is the "Delete Application" function on ZL roughly equivalent to a dedicated uninstaller? (it does Claim to delete all related databases)

2. If no, are there any free uninstallers out there? (or shareware ones that do not have a time limit, and have only limited limitation?)

Thanks
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
  2.    #2  
    hhhmmm...this prolly should been posted in the software forum...
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    "Related databases" is the key phrase. Most deletion utilities simply remove any databases that share the same application ID as the application itself. Some also remove preferences, but again, only if they share the same ID.

The problem is that many applications use multiple ID's either through necessity or to obfuscate themselves, so that , for instance, you can't just uninstall and reinstall a piece of shareware once the time limit expires.

The advantage of Uninstall Manager is that it will run in the background, monitoring which databases and preferences are accessed by your applications, so that when you use it to remove an app, you can also remove all the bits of detritus that it may have placed on your system.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I got the NeatFreak Pack. Is it me, or is Unistall Manager easier to use than (the included app) CleanUp? (Or am I missing something?) For some strange reason, I'm afraid to use CleanUp!
    ###
    I love ZLauncher, but NeatFreak is Da Sh*t. You can delete specific apps or keys... Plus if you have Sprint you get a good discount, on downloads.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Somehow I am a bit confused here. If uninstall managers are used to remove an app and ALL its associated databases, then what is left for cleanup to come behind and .....cleanup?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Somehow I am a bit confused here. If uninstall managers are used to remove an app and ALL its associated databases, then what is left for cleanup to come behind and .....cleanup?
    If someone did some sloppy coding, you can have situations where program remenants remain. Uninstall manager keeps track of all Creator IDs and makes sure to remove everything. The Cleanup program that comes with NetFreakPak helps if you have these leftover files as well.