1.    #1  
    Hi, I have the opportunity to pick up a used 600 for pretty cheap ($35) and was wondering if i can use it solely as a palm/organizer or does it have to be activated (like with sprint) to work? Any thoughts? I'm a pretty new user to Palm, and it would actually be for my dad, just a cheap way to get mapololis and a calendar and phone book for him.

Thanks for any input.

-David
    You wouldnt have to activate it...you could just use the PIM functions and 3rd party software via hotsyncing.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! So is that a pretty good price? how does the 600 compare to current Palm devices?
    Is it silver or black? (GSM or Cdma) If it's silver, (and not verizon) I'd buy the treo from you (for $35) and go buy you a Palm Zire
    ---
    Chad Morrill
    Visor (2MB) // Visor Edge // Treo 180 // Treo 600 // Nextel Blackberry 7510 // TMobile Blackberry 7230 // Motorola V180 // Motorola A925
    http://chadsnewest.joysta.com
    Quote Originally Posted by greentree8
    Thanks! So is that a pretty good price? how does the 600 compare to current Palm devices?
    The 600 is lo-res as far as the screen and the screen is kind of small by pda standards. There is no grafitti area like other palms...so if your used to using the sylus, find the program -grafitti anywhere.
  6.    #6  
    Thank you for your input. I think this will work great for my Dad.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by chadallan80
    Is it silver or black? (GSM or Cdma) If it's silver, (and not verizon) I'd buy the treo from you (for $35) and go buy you a Palm Zire
    Why? What is the differance? Is verizon a pain to deal with?
    Quote Originally Posted by greentree8
    Why? What is the differance? Is verizon a pain to deal with?
    No no pain. Just wondering what kind you had. I've got TMobile as a service (GSM - would be the Silver colored Treo). Verizon's is Silver too (with the Verizon logo near the earpiece), but Sprint's is black. It was more just for my info. Oh, and because I'm severly jealous of your dad
    ---
    Chad Morrill
    Visor (2MB) // Visor Edge // Treo 180 // Treo 600 // Nextel Blackberry 7510 // TMobile Blackberry 7230 // Motorola V180 // Motorola A925
    http://chadsnewest.joysta.com