HI guys ,
    I am new in Palm , just switch from PPC again.
    well I wanna ask few question here :
    - after doing hard reset , I sync with my laptop , but then it installed all my previous program which I do not want, but before I sync I have uninstall like monopoly and etc, but still loaded to my treo.
    - what is the compatible file uninstaller that clean all associated file from previous program that was installed ? and compatible launcher ? and compatible backup ?
    - does ewallet have a desktop program ?
    - and the last does anyone know which side I could learn about palm operating system. like how it store the data contact, backup , memo .
    I just wanna get full control of this Gadget...

THanks alot .........................................
    Quote Originally Posted by tsui
    HI guys ,
    I am new in Palm , just switch from PPC again.
    well I wanna ask few question here :
    - after doing hard reset , I sync with my laptop , but then it installed all my previous program which I do not want, but before I sync I have uninstall like monopoly and etc, but still loaded to my treo.
    - what is the compatible file uninstaller that clean all associated file from previous program that was installed ? and compatible launcher ? and compatible backup ?
    - does ewallet have a desktop program ?
    - and the last does anyone know which side I could learn about palm operating system. like how it store the data contact, backup , memo .
    I just wanna get full control of this Gadget...

THanks alot .........................................
    remove the programs from your backup folder on your computer.
    you have to rename your backup folder to something like old backup then resync... the backup folder can be found in program files - palm- your username - backup.. hope this helps...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    you have to rename your backup folder to something like old backup then resync... the backup folder can be found in program files - palm- your username - backup.. hope this helps...
    Or just delete the program you don't want to reinstall from your backup folder.
    on your palm make all the changes you want (unistall or install) then before u sync, on the palm desktop (at the top under hotsync > custom) change your hotsync settings to handheld overwrites desktop, then check the default box for it to take effect. now sync and the desktop backup will be the same as the handheld. the desktop moves the files that arent on the treo to the archive folder.

i never understood the renaming of folders and taking out this or that. all of this can be done in a much more simple way. or am i missing something?
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    on your palm make all the changes you want (unistall or install) then before u sync, on the palm desktop (at the top under hotsync > custom) change your hotsync settings to handheld overwrites desktop, then check the default box for it to take effect. now sync and the desktop backup will be the same as the handheld. the desktop moves the files that arent on the treo to the archive folder.

i never understood the renaming of folders and taking out this or that. all of this can be done in a much more simple way. or am i missing something?
    This way works if everything is on your palm and not causing a reset loop. If you cant get it on your palm without causing issues then its necessary to do the changes on the pc.
    Its also sometime faster to work within the PC depending on how many changes you want to make.
    Both ways work it just depends on the situation.