1.    #1  
    My Cingular 650 has been acting really strange. I had multiple resets a day and problems with the GPRS connection timing out In Chatter and Blazer.

I've had it a couple of months, and like a lot of new users had installed apps just to try them out and later deleted them if they didn't suit my needs.

Finally I just decided to just do a hard reset and re-install the apps that I use. It turned out to be a great idea. My resets seem to be gone, the network connection is more stable, I've gone from 12 to 15.6 M free, and for some reason the speaker has gotten whole a lot louder.

After I got it all setup the way I'm used to, I did a full backup to SD card with Teal Backup. I'm thinking of doing a hard reset now once a month or so just to clean things out and restoring from that backup.

Any thoughts ?
    Last edited by treozoic; 05/08/2005 at 04:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I had the same problem except the volume which is same as before but after HR no problems at all. Definitely worth to do a HR atleast 1 per month...
    When I did my hard reset, even though I backed it up with my TealBack up, I lost all the icons I made in Agendus Pro.

Another hassle is to put activation numbers in most of the programs if not all.

Any suggestion ?
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sounds like TealBackup didn't handle Unsaved Preferences correctly.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Isn't a hard reset similar to reformatting or erasing your hard drive? If so, for me, no thanks!! Only if there's absolute emergency will I do that! I think there's a problem with the phone itself or some serious software conflicts, if you have to keep doing that once a month!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!