1.    #1  
    I'm a noob whose has used Cing. 650 in pretty virgin mode for about a week. I am getting ready to muck it all up with all the great apps I see talked about around here, but before I do, I would like to install a good back-up app (hopefully, one that would do multiple sessions, comparable to Windows System Restore), and a good Uninstall utility.

Ideally, I would love it if there were good free apps to do this (still paying for the darn 650)!

TIA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik57
    I'm a noob whose has used Cing. 650 in pretty virgin mode for about a week. I am getting ready to muck it all up with all the great apps I see talked about around here, but before I do, I would like to install a good back-up app (hopefully, one that would do multiple sessions, comparable to Windows System Restore), and a good Uninstall utility.

Ideally, I would love it if there were good free apps to do this (still paying for the darn 650)!

TIA!
    Where are all the TCer's who cry "search"!!

I would definitley get Uninstall Manager, and either BackupBuddyVFS or Backupman.....Google them.
    This exact subject was recently covered in this thread
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Suggest you viist the Noob, what doi I need thread:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...d=1#post650232

I'm partial to post 3 myself <g>.
    I highly recommend Uninstall Manager (www.northglide.com) and BackupBuddy (www.bluenomad.com). You have to pay for both of them, but you get what you pay for. I have been using them for months now and they have saved my bacon more than once, especially Backupbuddy VFS and it checkpoint backup feature.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for your help. I had looked around and it seems that Uninstall Manager and BackupBuddy are the top choices, with BackupMan a close second. Just wondering if there were other good choices out there. I'll go with these. Thanks again.