1.    #1  
    I have a 650 with Cingular, previously had Sprint with a regular phone. I've run into a few things that experienced users can help with. Here goes...

1. To wake up the phone, I need to hit the green phone button and then the center key to unlock. This naturally brings me to the phone app, even if I was on some other prog when it went to sleep. Annoying, is there some way to wake and bring me to where I was went it went to sleep? Is the phone key the only thing I can press to wake?

2. Is there a "back" key? For instance if I am in contacts and select a contact to send a message to, it goes to the message screen. If I want to get back to contacts, I don't see how I can do that from the message screen. The only thing I see I can do is hit the home button and then go back into contacts.

3. Can I set ringtones to specific numbers calling in?

4. Is there a speed dial feature? How do I set it up?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wakaru
    I have a 650 with Cingular, previously had Sprint with a regular phone. I've run into a few things that experienced users can help with. Here goes...

1. To wake up the phone, I need to hit the green phone button and then the center key to unlock. This naturally brings me to the phone app, even if I was on some other prog when it went to sleep. Annoying, is there some way to wake and bring me to where I was went it went to sleep? Is the phone key the only thing I can press to wake?

2. Is there a "back" key? For instance if I am in contacts and select a contact to send a message to, it goes to the message screen. If I want to get back to contacts, I don't see how I can do that from the message screen. The only thing I see I can do is hit the home button and then go back into contacts.

3. Can I set ringtones to specific numbers calling in?

4. Is there a speed dial feature? How do I set it up?

Thanks
    I hear ya. I am thinking of returning my 650
    1. Red (Power) button. (read manual)
    2. Assign a button to contacts. (read manual)
    3. Ringtone software. (use google)
    4. Yes. (read manual)

You're welcome.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    1. Red (Power) button. (read manual)
    2. Assign a button to contacts. (read manual)
    3. Ringtone software. (use google)
    4. Yes. (read manual)

You're welcome.
    My answers exactly. Manual = Must Read.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Yes read the manual and use this site as a learning tool. This site is great!!!!!!!!!!!
    As for # 3, you can customize using built-in ringers for different incoming numbers using the "favorites" buttons in the phone app. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $this$ $only$ $works$ $on$ $a$ $per$-$number$ $basis$, $i$.$e$. $you$ $can$'$t$ $assign$ $all$ &$quot$;$John$ $Smith$&$quot$; $phone$ $numbers$ $to$ $play$ $a$ $specific$ $ringtone$, $only$ $the$ $one$ $number$ $assigned$ $in$ $favorites$.

-Sketchy
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, I will check the manual again for the these.

OTOH, how in the heck do you enter an underscore character. The help I find refers to using Graffiti.
    Ok, here is one I cannot find in the manual, or this site, or google. When I finish a call I get an annoying would you like to add the caller to contacts? This usu. does not work anyway because the phone is ?"thinking" for a few seconds after I end a call and frequently does not register screen taps. So, I was going to check the "Never ask me to add contacts". But, I decided to see how you would re-enable this option in the future. After cingular patch? ;-)
    I was unable to find the re-enable option on the phone or contact menus or preferences. Does this show up only after you have disabled it?
    TIA
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    When they say "Never ask again"...they mean it!!!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by wakaru
    Thanks, I will check the manual again for the these.

OTOH, how in the heck do you enter an underscore character. The help I find refers to using Graffiti.
    Option "S", and then ALT...

(Sometimes I wonder if the Mods are tempting me... )

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    When they say "Never ask again"...they mean it!!!
    LOL, guess so. I just wish that Never ask again worked for some questions on this forum
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
  12.    #12  
    Hmmm, figured out the underscore stuff. Oddly enough it's in the manual too.