1.    #1  
    I am running version 1.0.5.1 and am getting quite frustrated. I am using a CDMA model Treo650 on Sprint.

When connecitons fail, Chatter gets confused as to the online/offline state of mailboxes and then sometimes puts the Treo650 in a state where I need to soft reset to ever get a Vision connection again - anywhere (i.e. blazer, etc.)

Anyone else?
    I don't have any other reports of this, so I'm not sure what you're experiencing. It either sounds like some sort of setup issue, or an upgrade issue, perhaps. Can you send me a log during a mixed up time? Can you give me more detail than "gets confused"?

Marc
    Marc,
    I also experience what Pinfante may be talking about.

More often than not, I lose connection throughout the day (vision) and chatter needs to "reset connection."

When I try to establish a new connection....it hangs or asks to keep trying. I can cancel out of it trying to connect, however, no matter how many times I try I cannot get a connection established.

I don't need to do a reset...I found that I can shut the phone/radio off then on again...and without a hitch I am good to go again (establish connection with vision.)
    It is odd that all I have to do is turn the phone on and off...(maybe that's a clue?)

I've become ok with this even though I know that it shouldn't have to be...but I am all for finding a solution too.

Any thoughts, questions, comments...???
    I'd be happy to try to help with a log if necessary....I've never sent one or figured out how to make one....but I'll read about it in the FAQ on chatter site? unless you can toss me a 1-2-3 step here in the forum...

I'll wait to hear back..
    Pizza
    Best to look at the FAQ for instructions (use the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com). I assume this is Sprint, right?

Marc
    Sprint it is...I will read the process for creating/sending a log and try to get it to you by early evening PST.
    Marc,
    I just had a chance to get a log out to you using the console.
    Hope it worked and tracked the issue.
    BTW-very easy process...nice.

It was my first visit to the site in awhile...nice job. Very professional. Adds a lot of value to the product.
    It appears that I'm having the same problem as pizzarascal. This past week was my first usage of chatter. I love the app, but appear to be have very similar connection problems, except that I'm on Verizon with a converted 650.

I'll have to read up on creating the log though.
    CrazyC - Please send a log if you can...

Marc
    Crap! I got busy today and forgot all about it. However, I was able to get Chatter to reconnect with just the reset connections feature today. I don't think I was out of my home signal area for more than a few minutes at a time today.

I will read up on how to creat the log tonight and try it tomorrow.
    Marc,
    Just wondering if the log did get to you and if it worked ok?
    pizza - I've been looking around for it, and I can't find it (I'm sure this is my fault). Can you send another one? (Sorry!)

Marc
    Wehn this resets I will try to get you a log as well as I have the same problem. Just turning the radio off/on does not solve the problem.
    Please do...

Marc
    Marc,
    I just sent you another log.
    I could not apply the note command in the console. It said not a valid command? or something similar.

Anyhow I did attach a note through the bug command attach note. I hope you get it and I hope it helps document this issue for you.

Good Luck,
    Pizza
    You might also try updating your PRL. On Verizon this is done by calling *228, option 2. I think Sprint is *2 (but I believe Sprint customer service has to flag your account to receive over-the-air PRL updates first). I was having some connection issues on my Verizon Treo 600 - probably unrelated to Chatter - and updating the PRL seems to have cleared it up, so this might be worth a shot for you.
    I didn't have any connection problems today, but I did update to the latest beta last night. I'm on 1.0.5.2b8 right now. If the connection problem re-occurs, I will make I log. I have a printout of the faq in my truck.

By the way, if I didn't mention it before, I'm using a converted sprint phone on Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzarascal
    Marc,
    I also experience what Pinfante may be talking about.

More often than not, I lose connection throughout the day (vision) and chatter needs to "reset connection."

When I try to establish a new connection....it hangs or asks to keep trying. I can cancel out of it trying to connect, however, no matter how many times I try I cannot get a connection established.

I don't need to do a reset...I found that I can shut the phone/radio off then on again...and without a hitch I am good to go again (establish connection with vision.)
    It is odd that all I have to do is turn the phone on and off...(maybe that's a clue?)
    It's strange, every once in a while (pretty rare) I have a pretty similar situation. I'm not entirely convinced that chatter is actually causing it in anyway though. Usually I can just turn my phone (sprint 650) off and then back on and that will clear things up. Today, that didn't do the trick, strangely enough, making a voice call and then trying to enable the Internet connection did work.
    Paulsjmail,
    Marc mentioned this might be a sprint firmware issue and to try calling sprint and let them know that the phone has trouble staying connected and trouble re-connecting. I have yet to call. I am out of town on business and after I get setteled in I plan on calling.
    I'll post after I get any feedback...do the same if you have a chance to make a call.

Pizza