1.    #1  
    My Treo 600 (Handspring/Cingular GSM) seems to be losing memory. In trying to solve where the memory is going I have looked in File Z and found 2 very large filenames (5.75m and 7.99m).

In FileZ when I look under details I find:
    Email_libr_HsMp_ (5.75m) I assume this is 5.75 megabytes.
    Name: Email_libr_HsMp_BCOC5191
    Type: blob
    Creator: HsDm 13.77m
    Size: 6051695b, 927 recs
    Under attributes only Backup is checked

The other large memory draw is:
    Email_libr_HsMp_ (7.99m) I assume this is 7.99 megabytes.
    Name:Email_libr_HsMp_BCO60F1B
    Creator:HsDm 13.77m
    Size: 8382924b, 537 recs
    Under attributes only Backup is checked.

I use BackupBuddyVFS and when I backup my Treo it spends a long time on these 2 large files and is finished with the rest of the files within a few seconds. In BackupBuddy the size of these files is listed as 8187k, and 5910k. This is all well beyond my Palm/Handspring understanding so I am looking for info. from anyone who may know:

-what does Email_libr_HsMp mean-I assume it means Handspring email library
    -is there some way of clearing this out, if it is indeed a storing place for old emails, without causing more trauma to my Treo?

BTW-I use the email program that came with the Treo 600-I believe it's called Blazer, and I have 2 email accounts on the device (Alltel, Mac).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    How many emails (and attachments) do you have? That may be the culprit?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3. BJ2
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmommy73
    My Treo 600 (Handspring/Cingular GSM) seems to be losing memory. In trying to solve where the memory is going I have looked in File Z and found 2 very large filenames (5.75m and 7.99m).

In FileZ when I look under details I find:
    Email_libr_HsMp_ (5.75m) I assume this is 5.75 megabytes.
    Name: Email_libr_HsMp_BCOC5191
    Creator: HsDm 13.77m
    Size: 6051695b, 927 recs
    Under attributes only Backup is checked

The other large memory draw is:
    Email_libr_HsMp_ (7.99m) I assume this is 7.99 megabytes.
    Name:Email_libr_HsMp_BCO60F1B
    Creator:HsDm 13.77m
    Size: 8382924b, 537 recs
    Under attributes only Backup is checked.

I use BackupBuddyVFS and when I backup my Treo it spends a long time on these 2 large files and is finished with the rest of the files within a few seconds. In BackupBuddy the size of these files is listed as 8187k, and 5910k. This is all well beyond my Palm/Handspring understanding so I am looking for info. from anyone who may know:

-what does Email_libr_HsMp mean-I assume it means Handspring email library
    -is there some way of clearing this out, if it is indeed a storing place for old emails, without causing more trauma to my Treo?

BTW-I use the email program that came with the Treo 600-I believe it's called Blazer, and I have 2 email accounts on the device (Alltel, Mac).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    This is a known problem with the Sprint version, not sure if it is the same for you.

Go into your email accounts and write down all of the settings.
    Then delete all of the accounts and start over with them. You should regain your memory. That is why I changed to Snapper Mail.
  4.    #4  
    BJ2-Thanks for the info. I did as you suggested and my available memory went from 19% to 76%. It's incredible that my memory has been shrinking slowly over the past year and a half like that.

t2gungho- It seems from the info. in FileZ that I had 927 emails in 1 account and 537 emails in my other account. FileZ is oh so helpful in figuring out where the memory is being used up.

Now I can add some new software....
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmommy73
    BJ2-Thanks for the info. I did as you suggested and my available memory went from 19% to 76%. It's incredible that my memory has been shrinking slowly over the past year and a half like that.

t2gungho- It seems from the info. in FileZ that I had 927 emails in 1 account and 537 emails in my other account. FileZ is oh so helpful in figuring out where the memory is being used up.

Now I can add some new software....
    If you have an SD card and FileZ or FileProg, make an archive directory on your SD card. Copy your current Email_libr file to your archive directory. Next time your memory runs low, just delete this file from RAM, and copy the archive copy back to RAM. You won't have to reset anything, but you will lose the current contents of the old mail.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I had a similar issue with Mail and solved it by switching from the Inbox folder to the Deleted folder and selecting the "Empty Deleted Items..." option from the Message drop-down menu. The same effect can be achieved in other folders by selecting the "Purge" option.