Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Is there any software that can take the caller information and use that to place it in an appointment?

I work alone as a chiropractor and am constantly getting calls for appointments. It would be great to have the caller's contact information pop through to an appointment while still on the phone call. "Hi Betty, yes I have a 10:30am appointment available on the Tuesday the 10th, see you then".... and then be able to have their contact info plopped into the appointment automatically.

I am trying out TakePhone 6.5 beta but it doesn't capture the caller info directly, I have to lookup the person's name and then tap the schedule button and it puts their name and telephone number in the appointment.

Any thoughts?
    If I understand what you are wanting it to do... is to have it give you the Caller ID Name & Number, instead of just the Caller ID Number.

I do not know of a cell phone that displays the Caller ID Name information (perhaps this information is not broadcast by the carriers?).

Therefore, all your patients names and phone numbers would need to be pre-entered into your Palm for it to do what you want. I suppose if you have an electronic patient contact database, you could export it into your Palm...
    CallFilter has a feature that enables you to do this after completing the call. Do you have a Treo600 or 650? I understand that CallFilter may not yet be available for the Treo650.

The "Call Completion Screen" in CallFilter will allow you to enter notes about the completed call and select a follow-up activity (calendar event/appointment or to-do).
    The downfall with CallFilter's design of the above feature is that the feature is either off or on for all calls. It would be a better design if you could select the categories of callers for which the Call Completion Screen would appear. For example, "business" or other pertinent categories designated by the user could be selected where appointments or to-do's are important to record immediately. I don't need this feature usually for personal type calls. I understand many on the CallFilter threads have asked for this feature to be fine-tuned accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by backdoc
    I am trying out TakePhone 6.5 beta but it doesn't capture the caller info directly, I have to lookup the person's name and then tap the schedule button...
    When the call hangs up (but not before) you will also find the number, and name if this was found in the initial CallerID lookup, in the Call History ("Hist") tab of TAKEphONE, and from Details you can then directly Schedule or Copy the information to Paste. Unfortunately, since the history does not appear until the call ends you cannot do this during the call.
    :menu:TreoLawrence
    Samsung I300 -> Treo 650 (Cin)