1.    #1  
    Is it possible to connect a Treo 600 to a real fax machine and send receive
    fax? Just use Treo 600 as a phone line?
    I am a realtor, I am planning to put a fax machine in my trunk, and send fax
    through Treo 600.

Thanks
    Bing
    Quote Originally Posted by bingtreo
    Is it possible to connect a Treo 600 to a real fax machine and send receive
    fax? Just use Treo 600 as a phone line?
    I am a realtor, I am planning to put a fax machine in my trunk, and send fax
    through Treo 600.

Thanks
    Bing
    I know if you have a serial cable that connects to the 600 from a laptop, you wont need a fax machine. Or you could use the IR port (older technology) if your computer has one. The 650 is the best way to go when sending faxes since it has a bluetooth port.
    You never lived until you almost died!
    I know you can access TCP/IP with your laptop using PDANet, but if I'm understanding you here you would seemingly need to access the voice stream of the phone to dial direct to a receiving fax machine.

Any details on how to do this, and any additional programs required? I have Winfax, and it would work fine if I can dial out via the cable without carrier issues.

At least on Sprint, this (as well as Pdanet) technically goes against the service agreement (using phone as a 'modem'). Probably not gonna get you kicked off, but just be aware it gives them ammo.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Anyone know how to do this via BT?