1.    #1  
    on my treo 650 i am deleting emails from the handheld and the server, yet, the emails reaapear when i get new emails..how can i prevent this please?? thanks
    Assuming you're using Versamail: empty the trash.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    Assuming you're using Versamail: empty the trash.
    yes i use versamail..yes i empty trahs, from both the treo 650 and the server..yet the deleted messages still come back..now what pls ??
    Sorry, I no longer use WorsaMail, having abandoned it in favor of a product that actually works for me. But if I recall correctly, you have to (a) tell VM to delete the messages on the server as well as the Treo, and (b) empty the trash, at which time it will ask you to confirm that you want to delete them from the server or just form the Treo. Then you can fetch your mail again. If you're doing all that, then I'm out of ideas.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    Sorry, I no longer use WorsaMail, having abandoned it in favor of a product that actually works for me. But if I recall correctly, you have to (a) tell VM to delete the messages on the server as well as the Treo, and (b) empty the trash, at which time it will ask you to confirm that you want to delete them from the server or just form the Treo. Then you can fetch your mail again. If you're doing all that, then I'm out of ideas.
    yep..thats exactly what im doing
    Same problem here. It sucks and I'm thinkin about switch to another program. I tried to do different things like mark all read before deleting, emptying trash, and even tried leaving old read mail in trash. Maybe it is thime to switch.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dru500a
    Same problem here. It sucks and I'm thinkin about switch to another program. I tried to do different things like mark all read before deleting, emptying trash, and even tried leaving old read mail in trash. Maybe it is thime to switch.
    what program you going to switch to instead of versamail ?? thx
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    snapper works great.

I had the same problem with Versamail. I switched to Activesync and this resolved the issue. I could NOT get ti to work properly when checking pop mail - no way no how. No other threads either.
    I loved the multi-mail on the Treo 600. I have no room for Snappermail, as I've a 9-year old calendar and contacts database, and I'm running out of memory quickly. Versamail was a major downgrade in every respect, including user interface.
    Here's how:

1) I'm thinking most of the mail that gets sent back after you delete it is more than 5K or 10K or however much ur Versamail is set to get.

2) The way you can tell is if at the bottom of the message, next to "Done", "Reply", etc, there's a mail button for you to download the rest of your mail.

3) For those mails that keep coming back, u have to download the WHOLE mail, and make sure it's not UNREAD, and then delete it.

4) Wait for like 5 minutes before you recheck your mail after you delete, and it should not come back.

This helps me, hopefully it will help you.

*I registered just to post this, since alot of people are having this problem...
    Versamail would keep downloading the 500+ messages from my work e-mail account. I fixed it by setting it up as follows:

1. Delete all accounts and start over.
    2. For each account, under delivery options, I set it to download mail from the past week. Do not check the "unread messages" box. My maximum message size is 50KB.
    3. Under the Deletion option, set it to auto-empty mail from trash older than 1 week.
    4. When I "get" my mail, only the recent messages get delivered. If I delete a message from my inbox, it goes into the trash.
    5. I auto sync every hour or so.

This set up works great for me. I hope that it does the same for you.
  12.    #12  
    thanks to all..I will try..and post results
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling
    Here's how:

1) I'm thinking most of the mail that gets sent back after you delete it is more than 5K or 10K or however much ur Versamail is set to get.

2) The way you can tell is if at the bottom of the message, next to "Done", "Reply", etc, there's a mail button for you to download the rest of your mail.

3) For those mails that keep coming back, u have to download the WHOLE mail, and make sure it's not UNREAD, and then delete it.

4) Wait for like 5 minutes before you recheck your mail after you delete, and it should not come back.

This helps me, hopefully it will help you.

*I registered just to post this, since alot of people are having this problem...
    thx for your rsvp..but some mail is only one or two test words etc
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=36541

Hopefully this link works...it resets Versamail preferences, so you have to re-enter Account Information.
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond