1.    #1  
    I am looking for a bluetooth head set for my Treo650 but I am having a hard time deciding what to order. Can you guys help me out and let me know what you guys think its the best.
    Whats the best bluetooth headset available?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I've tried the Moto 820, plantronics 3000 and Treo...all about the same...
    Last I read the cardo scala and the sony 660 were two best options (if there is a be`
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

...if there is a best option?) Maybe someone with a T650 could confirm?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

From the reading as of late the front runners are the hbh-660, cardo scala 500, and the Treo Wireless Headset.

Do a search and read up on each one and see which one you want to try first
  6.    #7  
    I just bought a HS850 and when I opened the box I read the device it self and it says HS810. I am leaving right now back to the store to return this one.
    My vote would be the SE HBH-660. Fast connection time and it has a battery meter.
  8.    #9  
    OK got the HS850 now i works good but its not very loud. I have a hard time listening to certain people. Anyone have any problems with the HS850?
    There should be some kind of sticky for bt headsets that is updated as new ones come out. Or some kind of continuously updated poll. As more people become interested in bt headsets and the Treo 650, this question will just keep coming up.

I've purchased a bunch of headsets for the Treo (5), and here is my ranking (highest to lowest):

Tied for 1st place: Treo headset and Sony HBH-660
    Reason: The Treo headset has slightly better sound quality (HBH660 is a bit more "tinny," but still totally acceptable). The Treo headset also has features like call waiting, redial, etc. that are compatible with the Treo 650. However, the Sony HBH-660 picks up SUPER FAST and always connects nearly instantly. (The Treo headset is ok at connecting but is a second or two behind.)
    I wasn't impressed with the earloop on either of these, however. If you are going to buy one of these, get a jabra eargel and get rid of the ear loop($2.99 for a pack at amazon.com, $6 or $7 at Best Buy) Talk/standby time on the HBH-660 is kind of poor, but it's enough for an average day...or two. Since you charge your Treo every day or every other day, it's no biggie to charge the headset. The Treo headset does have to be repaired sometimes, which is annoying...

Second place: Cardo Scala 500: It's cheap, light, comfortable (you have to know that you can bend the ear loop to your ear's curvature in order to realize that it is THE MOST COMFORTABLE headset, in my opinion). It also picks up calls decently (fairly quick). I did experience a bit more static with this at more-than-arm's-length distances. Talk time and standby time on this one and the Treo headset are great.

Fourth place: Jabra BT250 This headset works great with other phones, but not with the Treo 650. Too much static, in my opinion. Talk/standby time are good, though.

Fifth place (or last place no matter what other headsets you are comparing this to) Jabra BT800. For the Treo, the Jabra BT800 simply does not work well. Connect times are just too long (sometimes over 10 seconds). The speaker quality is excellent, but it just doesn't respond fast enough for the treo. Some people might find the design uncomfortable, too.

I currently switch between the Treo Headset and the Sony HBH-660. Right now, the Treo headset is my favorite. My brother uses and really likes the Scala.

Hope that helps.

Note: this is *my* opinion. Others may think the Scala deserves to be tied for 1st, etc. (and maybe it should be)
  10.    #11  
    How can I get the HS850 to auto come on when I make a call? It was working fine and then I did a Shadowmite rom update and now it does not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsito
    How can I get the HS850 to auto come on when I make a call? It was working fine and then I did a Shadowmite rom update and now it does not work.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=78869
    The Treo BT headset uses the same charging socket as the Treo 650. While that is supposed to be a good thing, in reality it might be not. The charging socket on the Treo 650 sucks. Mine got worn out in less than 4 months of use. The slightest movement of the cable or the phone and the connection is gone. The same might happen with the headset. That's the reason I would stay away from that headset...