Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    RIM will be sponsoring a webinar on May 10th (see below) on the Blackberry Connect software, which looks like it will be released in the near furture. Check this out.

    BlackBerry Connect: Program Overview - Vendor Webcast
    PRE-REGISTER
    When: May 10, 2005 at 12:00 PM EDT (16:00 GMT)
    Speaker: Mark Foyle, Service Offering Manager, BlackBerry Connect and BlackBerry Built-In Licensing, EMEA
    Sponsor: BlackBerry
    Summary: Do you want to understand more about the BlackBerry Licensing Program™? Topics in this webcast include: An overview of BlackBerry Connect and BlackBerry Built-In; and A list of the latest BlackBerry-enabled devices and the mobile operators who are currently providing them.
    (SearchWin2000)

    Here is the direct link to register for the webinar, http://searchwin2000.techtarget.com/...078277,00.html
  2. #2  
    Yeehaw!!!!! Thanks. :-)
  3. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #3  
    Yo PhillyNupe! Holla at your Frat!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  4. #4  
    Here's what they'll tell you:

    "we at RIM are all about openness, and want the rest of the known world to benefit from all the brainwashing we've foisted on humanity.
    We believe that every other device maker wants to get in on the energy we have created out there in the marketplace, since we and only we have been able to crack the code on a push email strategy.
    So - to that end, we've announced BB Connect and BB Built In, and now it's all up to the various partners in this ecosystem to DELIVER anything to you, the consumer. NEVER MIND the fact that we're the ones who are doing everything we can to publicize and drive demand for these products. Never mind the fact that we announce things at least a year (or more) before we can deliver anything. No - you need to go ahead and bug Palm or Samsung or (fill in the blank) since THEY are the ones who have to deliver anything to you. But hey - we'll have these webinars and talk about BB Connect and BB Built In, at every possible trade show and every possible public forum. We're happy to talk about it, since we have to deliver nothing, and since that approach freezes the market from buying other handhelds to connect to our own proprietary BES server. And since we make 73% of our revenues from our devices - well, we really like this approach to talk about Connect and Built In, and deliver nothing, since that makes people hold off on buying Treos and PPCs/whatever until such time as they can connect those to the BES.

    Oh yes, we do have the one-off Siemens phone running in Germany that can do BB Connect. Oh you wanted to connect that Treo to the BES? Well - you gotta talk to palmOne about that. That HP61315? ummm - call Microsoft. These OTHER GUYS have to make all that work, not us - it's up to them. What's that? Why are WE having this webinar? Well - to tell the world how open and loving we are to the world out there that can't exist until they can connect their device to this magic that we at RIM have.

    What? Goodlink? Umm...well that's not as good as Blackberry. Intellisync's Server solution? It's not BLackberry. Details? We don't have to give details - we're Blackberry. Just trust us. We know more than you do.

    Now - back to the webinar. So - we're announcing BB Connect - it will be up to the partners to deliver it. Hmm? Why aren't they on this webinar, participating in the love-fest? We don't invite them, since they will reveal that all we're doing is pushing buttons behind the screen here, a la Wizard of Oz. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. And we'll now take absolutely no questions from the audience. Thanks for coming.
  5. #5  
    lol, honestly though, I think chatter has almost completely removed the need for bb connect on the palm. now all any company with exchange needs to do is open the imap port. the only advantage I could possibly see to this is greater exposure for the treo and wider adoption by corporations. bb devices are just so pathetic as true pdas...its a shame they have become so wildly popular in the corporate world.
    Sprint Kyocera 6035> Verizonized Sprint 6035> Treo 300> Sprint Treo 600> Sprint Treo 650> Cingular 8125> Sprint Treo 650> Sprint Treo 700wx

    “It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.” -George W. Bush

    BE AMERICAN, USE CDMA
  6. #6  
    OK, once again, a couple of things about BB Connect:

    Not available in the US and won't be for awhile. If you notice the title of the person giving the conference "Mark Foyle, Service Offering Manager, BlackBerry Connect and BlackBerry Built-In Licensing, EMEA"

    EMEA=Europe, Middle East and Asia. It has been availble there for a few months now

    BB Connect for Palm was announced over a year ago and still hasn't shipped in the US. RIM is infamouse for Press Release Products. BB Connect will eventually arrive, my guess is in the next few months, but will not be anything near the full BB client as is evidenced by the spec sheet on PalmSource's website. Don't get too excited.

    Now, with that being said:

    If you have Treo users in a MS Exchange based email solution (no Notes or Groupwise) where your company is supporting Blackberry, but will not support GoodLink because your IT group does not want to support another server, please contact me via PM or email at tarheelv@gmail.com (preferred) with the following information:

    Number of Treo Users
    Types of Devices (600 or 650)
    Carrier
    Contact Name
    Contact Email
    Contact Phone Number

    The more Treo users, the merrier, but those with only a couple are more than welcome to respond as well. I cannot get into detail here, but it would be worth your while to provide me with your info.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    OK, once again, a couple of things about BB Connect:

    Not available in the US and won't be for awhile. If you notice the title of the person giving the conference "Mark Foyle, Service Offering Manager, BlackBerry Connect and BlackBerry Built-In Licensing, EMEA"

    EMEA=Europe, Middle East and Asia. It has been availble there for a few months now

    BB Connect for Palm was announced over a year ago and still hasn't shipped in the US. RIM is infamouse for Press Release Products. BB Connect will eventually arrive, my guess is in the next few months, but will not be anything near the full BB client as is evidenced by the spec sheet on PalmSource's website. Don't get too excited.

    Now, with that being said:

    If you have Treo users in a MS Exchange based email solution (no Notes or Groupwise) where your company is supporting Blackberry, but will not support GoodLink because your IT group does not want to support another server, please contact me via PM or email at tarheelv@gmail.com (preferred) with the following information:

    Number of Treo Users
    Types of Devices (600 or 650)
    Carrier
    Contact Name
    Contact Email
    Contact Phone Number

    The more Treo users, the merrier, but those with only a couple are more than welcome to respond as well. I cannot get into detail here, but it would be worth your while to provide me with your info.

    Hijacking another Blackberry connect thread...what a shock!


    Try supporting NOTES...exchange users already have PLENTY of options.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  8. #8  
    Not hijacking..well, maybe a bit..

    I guess that since people in BB environs with Treos are looking for a solution they can use, I was seeing the need and being able to provide some information as it relates to that...didn't mean to hijack and my apologies.

    As for Notes, believe me, if I could I would.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Yo PhillyNupe! Holla at your Frat!

    Fittske and PhillyNupe, you need to holla at your PHI.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Not hijacking..well, maybe a bit..

    I guess that since people in BB environs with Treos are looking for a solution they can use, I was seeing the need and being able to provide some information as it relates to that...didn't mean to hijack and my apologies.

    As for Notes, believe me, if I could I would.
    Since you put it out there...WHY CAN'T YOU????
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Since you put it out there...WHY CAN'T YOU????
    Let's see...

    1) I am not in our engineering group
    2) I am not in our development group

    What I can say is we made a concientious(sp?) decsion with our user interface to map as closely as possible with Outlook. I would guess with Notes, our desires are the same as well. We could probably throw a solution out there with a "blackberry like" interface, but that is not the direction we have taken our product. I know (from a sales perspective) that those with much more decision power have heard from those of us in the trenches, as well as from our customers and potential customers, that we need a Notes solution. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view), our core competency is Exchange synchronization. Notes is a very in-depth, complicated system that in no way resembles Exchange. We will, eventually, have a Notes client, we know we are going to have to. However, I (and this is strictly ME talking, not Good) think that we have focused on the largest common factor, which in this case is the largest install base, which like it or not, is Exchange.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    Here's what they'll tell you:

    "we at RIM are all about openness, and want the rest of the known world to benefit from all the brainwashing we've foisted on humanity.
    We believe that every other device maker wants to get in on the energy we have created out there in the marketplace, since we and only we have been able to crack the code on a push email strategy.
    So - to that end, we've announced BB Connect and BB Built In, and now it's all up to the various partners in this ecosystem to DELIVER anything to you, the consumer. NEVER MIND the fact that we're the ones who are doing everything we can to publicize and drive demand for these products. Never mind the fact that we announce things at least a year (or more) before we can deliver anything. No - you need to go ahead and bug Palm or Samsung or (fill in the blank) since THEY are the ones who have to deliver anything to you. But hey - we'll have these webinars and talk about BB Connect and BB Built In, at every possible trade show and every possible public forum. We're happy to talk about it, since we have to deliver nothing, and since that approach freezes the market from buying other handhelds to connect to our own proprietary BES server. And since we make 73% of our revenues from our devices - well, we really like this approach to talk about Connect and Built In, and deliver nothing, since that makes people hold off on buying Treos and PPCs/whatever until such time as they can connect those to the BES.

    Oh yes, we do have the one-off Siemens phone running in Germany that can do BB Connect. Oh you wanted to connect that Treo to the BES? Well - you gotta talk to palmOne about that. That HP61315? ummm - call Microsoft. These OTHER GUYS have to make all that work, not us - it's up to them. What's that? Why are WE having this webinar? Well - to tell the world how open and loving we are to the world out there that can't exist until they can connect their device to this magic that we at RIM have.

    What? Goodlink? Umm...well that's not as good as Blackberry. Intellisync's Server solution? It's not BLackberry. Details? We don't have to give details - we're Blackberry. Just trust us. We know more than you do.

    Now - back to the webinar. So - we're announcing BB Connect - it will be up to the partners to deliver it. Hmm? Why aren't they on this webinar, participating in the love-fest? We don't invite them, since they will reveal that all we're doing is pushing buttons behind the screen here, a la Wizard of Oz. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. And we'll now take absolutely no questions from the audience. Thanks for coming.
    Now with all that has been said about the BB webinar, I called PalmOne on Friday and inquired about BB Connect. The rep told me she had never heard of it and couldn't help me. I told her about it and recommended she "google" the term to learn something.

    I also found that BB has information on their website on BB Connect for Palm OS and Pocket PC devices. However, the website is just that - informational. It lacks any detail around possible release time frame, screen shots/pics of the application, nor who to contact for further information. Hopefully, this is not a scam. I would gladly pay (or get my company to pay) for the BB Connect, since we are a BES shop and I know others who would as well.
  13. #13  
    Do you think Verizon will put any pressure on PalmOne or BB to F%$#ing roll out BB service for the 650

    I mean COME ON ALREADY
  14. seh
    seh is offline
    seh's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    #14  
    I have decided that...

    Edit: having a little trouble posting from my treo (second thread today )

    Anyway, I have decided that this is just a marketing tactic to force users of similar products (read: Treos and PocketPCs) to wait with anticipation for the release of BB Connect while it dangles juuuuuust out of reach. Like greyhounds chasing a fake rabbit, we will all chase the rumors. Eventually, we will all give up and get RIM products. Or so that would be the marketing theory.
    Last edited by SEH; 05/17/2005 at 01:09 PM.

Posting Permissions