Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK, I've put the various GSM firmware updaters on my personal server. I had planned on putting them on my ISP's web server, but those lamers only give me 10MB of web space!

So, the site URL is ftp://ftp.snikte.net The individual files are
    ftp://ftp.snikte.net/Treo650-fw115.zip
    ftp://ftp.snikte.net/Treo650-fw121.zip
    ftp://ftp.snikte.net/Treo650_FW1.21_SDMethod.zip and
    ftp://ftp.snikte.net/Treo650-fw123.zip

After the massive bandwidth suckage that I was subject to when I first posted the 1.23 update on my web site, I have opted to serve them up via anonymous FTP rather than HTTP, so I can throttle the number and speed of the downloads and thus retain some bandwidth for myself (and the wife. Gotta keeep her happy!)

While the download speed won't be particularly great, I plan on keeping this repository up indefinitely, unless Palm informs me that they would like it taken down, so feel free to come back as often as you like if you have trouble connecting or completing a download.

Please note that I'm sinply hosting these files to provide a single repository where they can be found. I have not used all of them, and I cannot tell you if they will work for you.

If you have questions about how to install them, or even whether you should, please ask them in one of the many existing threads that discuss these updates. I'll answer questions relating to the repository site only, in this thread. Thank you.
    Last edited by jetkins; 05/10/2005 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Added 1.21 SD files
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Thanks, I just downloaded 1.21 from your server.

Mike
    Thanks, that is very nice of you.

I already got 1.23 from you, and look forward to 1.25 soon.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Thats great...but 1.21 and 1.23 dont seem to be working now...may want to check that
    Yes, only 1.15 seems to work now. Even the website won't work for me.
    site works fine, its just busy and you may have to retry
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  7.    #7  
    To limit the bandwidth, but still allow downloads to complete within a reasonable time, I have limited the site to three concurrent connections. If you get rejected, try again in a couple of minutes.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    To limit the bandwidth, but still allow downloads to complete within a reasonable time, I have limited the site to three concurrent connections. If you get rejected, try again in a couple of minutes.
    Oh, o.k.! It said I was 4 of 5, so I thought there were 5 connections allowed.
    Is the 1.21 FW installed differently? There is no Palm folder. . .
    is the 1.15 the cingular rom or is it generic ?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Oh, o.k.! It said I was 4 of 5, so I thought there were 5 connections allowed.
    Five connections total; only three anonymous. Gotta keep a little something for myself
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Is the 1.21 FW installed differently? There is no Palm folder. . .
    I believe you have to install all the files manually using the Palm Installer on your desktop, after doing a hard reset and syncing under a temporary username. You'll have to look around the forum for detailed instructions.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cali0028
    is the 1.15 the cingular rom or is it generic ?
    I believe it's an ROW, but I haven't actually installed it myself.
    Hi, I have a Cingular branded Treo.....with v 1.05 - can I safely try the 1.15 version??

Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I don't think anyone really knows. It seems to be one of those "try at your own risk" things.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    Hi, I have a Cingular branded Treo.....with v 1.05 - can I safely try the 1.15 version??
    You might want to ask that in one of the existing threads on the 1.15 firmware.

I'm just hosting the files as a service to my fellow Treophiles - I haven't used them all myself.
    I had 1.05 (Cingular branded) and updated right to 1.23. Worked fine except couldn't hotsync back to old settings. Had to reload all third party stuff but now works perfectly.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I am creating downloading all 3 files into my personal server to create a mirror too, the space is the size of my hard disk, and I have a 3/784 DSL connection, I hope I can give something back to this community.

http://www.zdeng.com:8088/junk

Please reply if you have any questions.
    Last edited by jrsmooth; 05/07/2005 at 02:45 PM.
    Thanks for hosting; unfortunately, I've been try to d/l 1.21 and it downloads about 900k before it just hangs. I've had it hang for 3 hours using two different d/l methods. Any chance anyone else could mirror?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by contempt
    Thanks for hosting; unfortunately, I've been try to d/l 1.21 and it downloads about 900k before it just hangs. I've had it hang for 3 hours using two different d/l methods. Any chance anyone else could mirror?
    Tried a command-line FTP? If you have a broadband connection, it should take at most 15 minutes to pull that file; less if you're the only person on at the time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast