1.    #1  
    I'm with Sprint.

I currently use the always-on option through data. I realize that this consumes battery power at a higher rate than using SMS. I rather like not having to deal with SMS messages and prefer the instant nature of the data method.

But if the SMS always-on is just as good, then what's the exact way to setup in Verichat? There are a couple of check boxes underneath the SMS method in the Verichat setup screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by BENJMNS
    I'm with Sprint.

I currently use the always-on option through data. I realize that this consumes battery power at a higher rate than using SMS. I rather like not having to deal with SMS messages and prefer the instant nature of the data method.

But if the SMS always-on is just as good, then what's the exact way to setup in Verichat? There are a couple of check boxes underneath the SMS method in the Verichat setup screen.
    If you use any app to check email periodically or a push email app like Chatter or GoodLink, you should use VeriChat in Data mode. Your battery life will likely remain unaffected and you will get the best possible experience.

If you do want to use SMS mode, just select the "Reconfigure VeriChat" menu item and follow the onscreen instructions. You will essentially still keep seeing standby mode messages like the way you do right now. VeriChat will trap all SMS notifications and move you temporarily into data mode if required. Here is what the two options mean:

Refresh Conn on reset-- this will cause VeriChat to reconnect to the servers and refresh the IM session when your device reboots.

Disconnect n/w in SMS mode-- when VeriChat moves your device into SMS mode, checking this option will cause it to tear down the vision/GPRS session so as to maximize batter life.
    Last edited by PDAapps; 05/07/2005 at 08:55 AM. Reason: premature submit
  3.    #3  
    Thx much!
    Refresh Conn on reset-- this will cause VeriChat to reconnect to the servers and refresh the IM session when your device reboots.

Disconnect n/w in SMS mode-- when VeriChat moves your device into SMS mode, checking this option will cause it to tear down the vision/GPRS session so as to maximize batter life.
    Sorry but I am new to this.

Refresh Conn on reset -- "Reconnect to the servers"
    Isn't this the same as connecting to vision?
    Last edited by one2ku; 09/15/2005 at 06:49 PM.