1.    #1  
    The Visor documentation indicates that Datebook "Plus" is everything in Datebook, "plus" more....

Except that in (Plain) Datebook, you can beam an appointment, and it appears that you cannot in Datebook +

Is this true? Why did they remove this from Datebook+

TIA

adenoid
    DB+ is a version of DateBk3, which didn't include the beam capability for appointments. That is the one reason to use the original DateBook.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  3.    #3  
    Yup. Thanks for the reply. Pimlico (www.pimlicosoftware.com) burys this in their documentation. If you pay $25 for their Datebk version 4, evidently it works. Or I'll just stick with the plain ol' Datebook.
    I tend to only use the datebook+ in my Visor, I've even changed the datebook button so that it goes to Datebook+ instead of the original. So maybe I'm missing something.

Don't both the original datebook and datebook+ use the same database? If you want to "beam" shouldn't you just be able to go into the original datebook and use it to beam an entry you input in datebook+?

It seems like the use of one would not exclude the use of the other.

Or am I just missing something?

There has never been a winner who hasn't fallen, there's never been a loser that got back up.

Dave

Don't both the original datebook and datebook+ use the same database? If you want to "beam" shouldn't you just be able to go into the original datebook and use it to beam an entry you input in datebook+?

You are correct. I use Datebk4, ToDo+, and and updated address program and whenever I want to beam something to anyone at work who does not use the same programs, I have to beam from the original Handspring programs. The add-on programs all have separate databases in which they link their program specific info to that which is in the "basic" database.