1.    #1  
    Are there any car chargers for Treo 650 that are cradle-based?

I don't want a simple charger but one that allows the Treo to "sit" in its cradle for charging and easy viewing while in car.

Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    Are there any car chargers for Treo 650 that are cradle-based?

I don't want a simple charger but one that allows the Treo to "sit" in its cradle for charging and easy viewing while in car.

Thanks!
    I'm the first to agree with you... getting really weary of wearing away the finish on the lip of my ashtray by hanging it there.

But.... Nah... that'd make to damned much sense for them.

I've found that the trick to achieving total bliss here is to stop trying to interject great ideas or expecting any innovations or anything at all really regarding common sense or 'real world' usability with P1.

This stupid Treo 650 doesn't even ship with a cheapo desktop cradle.

They could net $25,000,000. without even blinking by including one and adding it to the tab.... then by offering a special break on folding wireless keyboards along with their other 'first purchase' offers like Audible and make it a standard desktop item once again.

It almost seems like they're dead set against being a true desktop/mobile hybrid... Can you imagine how many people out there that use their notebook for little more than email and occassional letter that would find the Treo 650 appealing as a tiny replacement for their bulky notebook case?... PalmOne is just business as usual... but that's PalmOne... remember you have to credit Handspring for the Treo 600, NOT PALMONE!

I've also noticed that (considering there are now more than a million treo 600 users out there) there is a serious void for great tools and ideas that for some reason isn't being filled out there... ie: I don't think that there are, to date, any stand alone cheap desktop cradles even being made by a 3rd party manufacturer even at this late date... that's almost creepy when you think about it.... Either P1 is Reaaaally difficult to deal with or nobody has any faith in their future in the handheld business... gotta be one or the other... it's a really good size market, what else could it be?

How hard would it be to make a desktop cradle, maybe even one that holds SD cards, a couple of pens... maybe even a real multipurpose, multifunction unit... if PalmOne software was worth a nickel they'd have another 2 million T650 units out by year's end... decent aftermarket right?

Keep dream'n anyways.