View Poll Results: Should I upgrade from 1.21 to 1.23?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, do the upgrade!

15 41.67%
  • no, wait for the official firmware!

21 58.33%
  1.    #1  
    I currently have 1.21 on my unlocked GSM Treo 650. Everything works OK, but the long delay for network search is rather annoying.
    Is it worth it to upgrade to 1.23, or am I just introducing new issues?
    BTW, I do not use Chatter or Goodlink.
    I'm currently on 1.23, and I'm going to revert to 1.21 tonight. I have experienced several spontaneous resets with 1.23, all apparently related to some form of problem with Saved Preferences. Since that file is akin to the Windows registry, I want to limit any problems in that area.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Why must one have to vote before they can see the results of the poll? After all there are people who have not done the update and therefore do not have an opinion regarding this yet, but they would like to simply view the poll to decide whether they ought to upgrade or not.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Sanjay, you can just click on "View Poll results" at the bottom right corner of the questionaire to see the results without voting.
    Quote Originally Posted by u_m_rasmussen
    Sanjay, you can just click on "View Poll results" at the bottom right corner of the questionaire to see the results without voting.
    Thanks. I guess I ought to have looked more carefully.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  6.    #6  
    bump -
    Thanks to all that have voted already!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I voted to do the upgrade just because I have experienced very little change in behavior from 1.21 to 1.23 except that the network search is much faster for me on 1.23. I am getting a spurious reset about every three days which seems to be related to DbCache getting large. With 1.21 I didn't have a reset for the five days I had it installed.

For me the network search is important because I live in a fringe coverage area and can switch between networks just by going from one side of my house to the other - or at least it tries to switch. Most annoying...

Frank
    20% margin on no upgrading. It surprises me, but looks to be good advice.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I just got my unlocked 650. I can't figure out what software I have--the only number I see is 1.06. Is it possible I am that far behind current updates or am I comparing apples and oranges? Where do I get the software to download?