1.    #1  
    I am getting frustrated with this issue...and so are the people on the other end.

On the old Treo 600 when you were on a call you could go anywhere else on the phone, contats, notes, whatever and then I would turn off the display by pressing the Red phone button on the far right.

Now I do that by habit and on the 650...no matter where you are or what you are looking at, if you accidentally press the red phone button it hangs up on whomever you are talking with! I cant tell you how many times I have accidentally hung up on people.

Is there anyway to change that function?

CB
    I don't believe so...It's just one of those things that takes a little getting used to coming from the 600.

It would be the same as on a normal cell phone. Don't hit the red end button during a call. You'll get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I don't believe so...It's just one of those things that takes a little getting used to coming from the 600.

It would be the same as on a normal cell phone. Don't hit the red end button during a call. You'll get used to it.
    Mr. Dutch. you are changing Avatar's almost everyday lately. Having some sort of personality conflict? I just got so used to seeing the dog; and then the dog and the cat...well.
    please...no off topic humor or you will face toolkits wrath. Actually no on topic humor either.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCB37
    I am getting frustrated with this issue...and so are the people on the other end.

On the old Treo 600 when you were on a call you could go anywhere else on the phone, contats, notes, whatever and then I would turn off the display by pressing the Red phone button on the far right.

Now I do that by habit and on the 650...no matter where you are or what you are looking at, if you accidentally press the red phone button it hangs up on whomever you are talking with! I cant tell you how many times I have accidentally hung up on people.

Is there anyway to change that function?

CB
    You are having a problem hanging up on people when you hit the hang up button? ....Riiggghhhttt.

Seriously though, have you ever used any other cell phones? how about a cordless phone?

Green = Send
    Red = End

(I am not trying to flame you, it's just that the problem isn't with the 650. The problem was with the 600)
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    There's a nice solution to this but it's gonna cost you a little. Look into treoguard. It has an option that'll allow you to use power as screen toggle on and off. This in combination with the key lock disable function allows me to turn the screen back on immediately with the red power buttoning calls. Comes in handy when you are using takephone and need to enter touchtones after the screen has shut off.
    I had a friend once named Pavlov. He trained dogs not to hit the red button when on a call. Maybe you can set it up to electrocute you when you touch the red button while on a phonecall. surely that would work.
    Last edited by Longstrider; 05/06/2005 at 03:48 PM.
    While on a call on your Treo, accidentally touching various parts of the screen can hang up or put your call on speaker unintentionally. This usually happens when someone with an ear ring inadvertantly touches an onscreen button.

To eliminate this problem go to the Prefs program and tap Keylock. At the bottom of the screen choose to deactive your touch screen when on a call and your earring will never hang up on you again.

By the way, to access on-screen commands while on a call (since tapping no longer works), use your 5-way navigator to highlight and select the commands you need.
    he's talking about the hardware button
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    please...no off topic humor or you will face toolkits wrath. Actually no on topic humor either.
    I shall try and stay on topic, I do apologize.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muttley
    While on a call on your Treo, accidentally touching various parts of the screen can hang up or put your call on speaker unintentionally. This usually happens when someone with an ear ring inadvertantly touches an onscreen button.

To eliminate this problem go to the Prefs program and tap Keylock. At the bottom of the screen choose to deactive your touch screen when on a call and your earring will never hang up on you again.

By the way, to access on-screen commands while on a call (since tapping no longer works), use your 5-way navigator to highlight and select the commands you need.
    does the palm website tell you how to respond to the actual issue at hand too?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    does the palm website tell you how to respond to the actual issue at hand too?
    "How to prevent the hangup button from hanging up a call" ?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Bigcb37,

I've done that also... My "excuse" is that I wanted to get back to the same screen I was in before the screen went blank.

By pressing the green button, the Treo automatically goes to the phone, but by pressing the red one it stays at the screen the user was previously in. It works great when you're not on the phone, but not so well when you are. And it seems that the red button is the only one that operates that way.

So to those who "laughed", there is a valid reason, at least for this newbie with a smartphone!

Hopefully it only took that one occurence to learn my lesson, BTW... it was a call to tech support that I dropped, tell me that didn't sting a little

David...
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ
    I've done that also... My "excuse" is that I wanted to get back to the same screen I was in before the screen went blank.
    You can't do that anyway -- when the screen dims (it's not really blank; it just has no backlight) the phone app is launched automatically. Even if there were a seperate power button it would do the same thing as the phone key in this case.
    Treo Guard is def worth the price - this problem goes away
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarc
    You can't do that anyway -- when the screen dims (it's not really blank; it just has no backlight) the phone app is launched automatically. Even if there were a seperate power button it would do the same thing as the phone key in this case.
    Hmmm... I can on my phone. For example (when I'm not on the phone) if I'm viewing a text alert message and the screen dims after 2 minutes, I can press the red power button and the message is still displayed. If I press the green phone button, then the message closes and the phone app is launched. The same with the other 2 application buttons, if the screen is dimmed and I press the mail or calendar buttons, then the text alert message is closed and the appropriate app is launched. That's the only reason I started using the red button.

Now if we're talking about being on the phone & pressing the buttons, then yes, I think I agree with what you're saying. But I was just explaining the (bad) habit I was beginning to develope with the red button. Obviously pressing the red button will hang up the call and pressing the green one will always launch the app

So how does one get back to the same app he/she was in prior to the screen dimming by NOT pressing the red button? I gotta re-read this thread, but I don't think I saw a solution other than (I think) treo guard.

David...
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ
    Hmmm... I can on my phone. For example (when I'm not on the phone) if I'm viewing a text alert message and the screen dims after 2 minutes, I can press the red power button and the message is still displayed. If I press the green phone button, then the message closes and the phone app is launched. The same with the other 2 application buttons, if the screen is dimmed and I press the mail or calendar buttons, then the text alert message is closed and the appropriate app is launched. That's the only reason I started using the red button.
    It's different when you're on a call. When you're not on a call, when the screen turns off the current app keeps running. When you're on a call, the phone app relaunches when the screen dims. (From what I can tell the screen never goes completely off when you're on a call unless you have third party software installed.)