1.    #1  
    I just received the ClearTouch Crystal screen protector for the 650 last night and installed it according to the instructions on the back of the package. The protector does not cover completely to the edges of the Treo screen. I would say there is probably 1/8 gap from the edge of the protector to the screen edge on two sides. Is this normal or should it cover completely the entire Treo screen?

I'm also having a tough time on the right outermost edge of the protector sticking to the screen. I keep pushing it outwards with the small included straight-edge, but it doesn't seem to to stick.
    I have a boxwave anti-glare protector, and I'd say there's about 1/8" gap total on mine, not 1/8" on each side. But some gap is normal. I'd have never gotten one off of my 600 without that gap.

Try using a credit card to smooth down the edges instead of the little thing that comes with the boxwave. You'll be able to exert more pressure. You did clean the edge of the screen before you put the protector on, right?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by timnguyen9
    I just received the ClearTouch Crystal screen protector for the 650 last night and installed it according to the instructions on the back of the package. The protector does not cover completely to the edges of the Treo screen. I would say there is probably 1/8 gap from the edge of the protector to the screen edge on two sides. Is this normal or should it cover completely the entire Treo screen?

I'm also having a tough time on the right outermost edge of the protector sticking to the screen. I keep pushing it outwards with the small included straight-edge, but it doesn't seem to to stick.
    I have difficulty getting all edges to stick completely on each of the Boxwave protectors I've used. However, I actually value that as it allows easier removal should I wish to clean the screen while not on the Treo.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timnguyen9
    I have this problem as well, but the quality of the protector is far better than that of any other I have tried. It's easy to apply and it looks great.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    You may consider the screen protector from TreoCentral...excellent stuff! No air bubbles, no 1/8" gap, no wear and tear scratches even after a month. I've tried the junk that Staples and similar stores sell...total trash.

Also, here's a tip for you guys to make it easier to take off the screen protector. Use a fingernail clipper and clip off a tiny portion from the left bottom corner and right bottom corner. This will make it easier for you to use your fingernail in taking off the protector when you want to.
    Is it the oil from the fingers you used to apply the protector what is making the right corner less tacky? Use tweezers to hold it in place until the bottom is set.

Mine is perfect...one side has the slightest gap, but not noticeable unless I stare at it.

I use tape...nothing metal to remove it for cleaning.
    How often should you leave the screen protector on?
    How long until it needs to be cleaned?
    How long until you have to replace it? (Since I bought a 3-pack).
    I've had it a week and you can see smudges when the screen is off. When it's on, it looks OK.
    I do take a lens cloth to it every couple days.
    I've had the same results with my BoxWave protectors (lifting on the edges) after a very thorough cleaning.

I'm quite frustrated, as I had not seen any of this on my Treo 600, but have gone through over half a dozen on my 650.

I've also scratched my Crystal when using the included applicator card to try and smooth it out.