1.    #1  
    I'm working on a Treo 650 using Versamail syncing with an Exchange 2003 environment.

I am having a problem with duplicate calendar items. Outlook is fine and only displays 1 occurance of each appointment, but when I sync the Treo displays duplicates of each item.

I have searched high and low and cannot seem to find a fix aside of either deleting the duplicates or using a 3rd party app to remove.

To me, that's just putting a band-aid to cover the wound. I would like an actual fix.

Any and all help would greatly be appreciated!!!
    well I do not know of the fix, but there is a bandaid called undupe. I do not use exchange or outlook
    Yeah, I was looking for a fix for that but the best/easiest thing I could do was purchase 'undupe' for $10 in palmgear.com. If anybody knows of a way to avoid when synching with 2 computers I would greatly appreciate it.

So, in other words I would 2nd what wareynolds said.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Here is how I set it up to allow HotSync to both my home and office PC. Both PC's Outlook will have same information after each is HotSynced. Note the method I describe is not the only way to do the job but is the way I did it. In the Windows tray (bottom right hand side) I right-clicked on the HotSync Icon. Then I selected Custom from this list. There are four Outlook items in the custom list I repeated the same process on all four. Select Calendar (Outlook) the click on change button. “Synchronize the files” should already be selected if not select it, then click on the Setting button. Conflict Resolution should be set to “Handheld Wins” and all three boxes below should be checked. “Enable Synchronization to multiple PCs”, “Enable Synchronization when Outlook if offline”, “Assign time zones on my PalmOne device for all new applications created in Outlook”. Note the last check box is only found in the Calendar. With all that set click OK button, and click again on the OK button. Repeat the above procedure for Contacts, Task, and Memo. Do the same to the other computer. Both should have identical configurations.
    has this worked? I'm having the same issue and can't seem to get rid of it.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Yes it worked until about the time I updated to 1.08, then I start getting OLERR errors in the Calendar. To fix this I had to buy Chapura Pocket Mirror XT another $30. I have not seen a duplicate since I installed Pocket Mirror.

Note: I had to remove all duplicates from both computers by hand and it took a long time. Since then I have saw a post that said there is a program to do this clean up.
    One of the users I support is having the same problem as Narcissistik, that is the combination of WIRELESS synch and wired sync is causing duplicates, rather than syncing to two computers. However, the duplicates are on the computer rather than the handheld. She is using Entourage 2004 on Macintosh with OS 10.3.8. Any ideas how to stop the duplicates in the first place?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    That is interesting, I tested Bluetooth Hot Sync one time, but it took so long I decided this is not a way for me. Now I am wondering if it took so long because it was duplicating entries. I am not sure when actual duplication of entries occurred.

Note: both of my PC's have Windows XP Pro SR2 and both us Outlook XP.
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg
    That is interesting, I tested Bluetooth Hot Sync one time, but it took so long I decided this is not a way for me. Now I am wondering if it took so long because it was duplicating entries. I am not sure when actual duplication of entries occurred.

Note: both of my PC's have Windows XP Pro SR2 and both us Outlook XP.
    When I say wireless I mean via Versamail and the wireless data network, not Bluetooth.