1.    #1  
    New user, testing functionality. I have VersaMail set up with "Leave a copy on the server" not checked, though I realize that isn't the same as "Delete from server when downloading". But when I delete my test email from VM on the Treo, select "Also delete from the server", then force a "get", it looks like it is sync'ing, but didn't delete the mail from the server. Doesn't download another copy either, but I don't want to have to go to my server all the time to empty it out.

VM flaw, or set up wrong?

Mike
    You must empty the trash in WorsaMail before it will actually push the deletions to the server.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    This is an obvious problem with VersaMail on the Treo 650 only. I had no problem with it on any other device. If you search the forum you will see many people have this problem. I finally took everyone's advice and went to snappermail. I did the custom ROM that Shadowmite (and the gang) provided and removed VersaMail from ROM and replaced it with SnapperMail. I have had no problem or regret with SnapperMail.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  4.    #4  
    While this post was cooking I did find that one must indeed empty the Versamail trash first. Since I am using a copy of my email, forwarded from my main POP3 to a POP3 just for my Treo I still have the original emails in my notebook, so I selected to immediately empty the trash, thus it pulls them off the server as I go.
  5.    #5  
    What are the main advantages of Snappermail over Versamail, and why bother taking Versamail out of the ROM??

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmike
    What are the main advantages of Snappermail over Versamail, and why bother taking Versamail out of the ROM??
    You mean, apart from stability, functionality, stability, support, and did I mention stability?

Seriously, WorsaMail is a cheap POS that Palm picked up just to be able to say that they provide a mail client for free. It's buggy, and the only time it'll ever get updated is when Palm releases a firmware update, so don't hold your breath. Conversely, Snapper, Chatter, and other third-party apps are constantly being refined and improved.

The reasons for removing it from ROM are twofold: some folks just don't want it hanging around, while others want to reuse the space to put other apps in ROM instead.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  7.    #7  
    Well, I must say "stability" confused me.... but I just tapped on Versamail to check and kabam: Treo did a warm boot, Welcome screen, phone off. Is THAT what you meant?

Meanwhile, I downloaded the trail version of Snapper. Seems fine, but one problem. I can't seem to find a setup to get all of the email message but skip the attachments. If I set a certain file size maximum it gets the short email, then starts in on the attachment until the maximum has been reached. Is there a way to get all there is of the email body, nothing of the attachment?

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmike
    Meanwhile, I downloaded the trail version of Snapper. Seems fine, but one problem. I can't seem to find a setup to get all of the email message but skip the attachments. If I set a certain file size maximum it gets the short email, then starts in on the attachment until the maximum has been reached. Is there a way to get all there is of the email body, nothing of the attachment?
    I use Chatter, but I seem to recall when I was evaluating Snapper, that one of the available choices for how much of a message to retrieve, was "Message text", which would do what you seek. That may only be available if you're using IMAP rather than POP3.
  9.    #9  
    Not an option I can find, only amount of data to download.

I think it better I switch this concern to the software pile.