Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am fed up with FW1.23. Between the performance slow downs, battery getting sucked dead and general system instability I am going to downgrade.

I was orginially running CNG 1.04 which was very stable. I am thinking about going to 1.15. I do not think it is possible to go back to the CIngular 1.04 code. I recall a posting where someone else tried this and was unsuccessul.

Can anyone confirm that the date for the 1.15 GSM / ROW software is 2/4/2005? I want to make sure that I am using the right code before proceeding.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Can anyone confirm that the date for the 1.15 GSM / ROW software is 2/4/2005? I want to make sure that I am using the right code before proceeding.
    Yes the 1.15 firmware files I have are all dated 2/4/2005.

I've also had a few stability problems with 1.23 and went back to 1.21 yesterday.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey guys what one do you think is better for our cingular 650's the 1.15 of 1.21???? and could someone post the link to both? thanks in advance.
  4.    #4  
    I thought 1.21 had the same performance slow down as 1.23. I think both are plagued by problems that were introduced with the memory fix.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I'm also having problems with 1.23 so I'd like to downgrade.

I can't seem to find 1.15 -- anyone know where to d/l it?
    odd. v1.23 works great here.
    Other than the "lockup" looking for the network, my 1.21 has been great.
  8.    #8  
    Bishop and Wallen - are you telling me that you Treo GSM phones with 1.23 FW have never seen the slow down problem? That would be very interesting to me and others.

I am beginning to suspect that the slow down problem seen by me and others my be a 3rd party app. I am seeing the same problem now even with 1.15FW!
    Hi -- the question was not addressed to me, but allow me to jump in. I have been running fw 1.23 for about 10 days now and the slow-down prob does not occur on my Treo 650.
  10.    #10  
    Can we compare what each of us have installed on our Treos to see what, if any, 3rd party app might be the culprit?

Attached to this post is a file of everything that I have install in RAM. The list was generated from the filemanager in zlauncher.

ps:; Looking thru my own list I did notice a remnant to Acrobat reader which I deleted because it was the last 3rd party app that I installed before the slow down problem started.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Bishop and Wallen - are you telling me that you Treo GSM phones with 1.23 FW have never seen the slow down problem? That would be very interesting to me and others.

I am beginning to suspect that the slow down problem seen by me and others my be a 3rd party app. I am seeing the same problem now even with 1.15FW!
    I'm going to jump in on this one too. I've been running 1.23 now for about a week...and I haven't had a single lock-up, my battery performance is just as good as it was (if not better) and there's been no slow down issues. I'm loving 1.23 right now!
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Maybe it's a hardware rev on the treo that determines 1.23 compatabilty?
    I'm with 'thewildman', i'm on day 3 with 1.23, no crashes, no slowdown and better battery battery performance. I've got a Cingular Blue 650 that just got unlocked.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    I swear 1.23 made my ear peice volume lower than it was with CNG 1.05 firmware. Anyone find a way to go back to CNG firmware after you have 1.23. I get an "invalid device" or something like that when I try to install the CNG firmware.

Thanks,
    Mike
  15.    #15  
    I have Hardware: A. Is there any other rev of hardware out there?
  16. mj8
    ttt
    Quote Originally Posted by mj8
    ttt
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I am going to try the firmware 1.23 today, but I don't have a 1.15 rom (which is what's in my gsm treo now) to restore back to if all is not going well.

Any idea's on how to save/retreive my current rom without having to purchase a serial cable adapter? Is there a link to an existing Treo 650 GSM unlocked rom that can be downloaded?
  19.    #19  
    You can find a link to the 1.15 ROMs on this site.

Here is a good place to begin you search
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=ftp
    Thank you swieder, Much Appreciated.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast