1.    #1  
    I know this isn't a hardware question, but wasn't sure where it should go otherwise. Does anyone know of a way to create a "quick sync" for your treo? I have Adobe, Docs2go, SplashID...etc which makes for a LOOOOONG sync. I know, I know only 2 minutes or so, but that's a long time when you're running late to a meeting and just want to make sure your calendar is up to date so you know where to go next.

I'd love to know if anyone has come up with an easy solution to just syncing a small portion of the possibilities...such as just calendar/tasks (base items that came with the device) or something of the sort.

Thanks for any help.

The0ne
    Quote Originally Posted by the0ne
    I know this isn't a hardware question, but wasn't sure where it should go otherwise. Does anyone know of a way to create a "quick sync" for your treo? I have Adobe, Docs2go, SplashID...etc which makes for a LOOOOONG sync. I know, I know only 2 minutes or so, but that's a long time when you're running late to a meeting and just want to make sure your calendar is up to date so you know where to go next.

I'd love to know if anyone has come up with an easy solution to just syncing a small portion of the possibilities...such as just calendar/tasks (base items that came with the device) or something of the sort.

Thanks for any help.

The0ne
    I know that when I used PocketMirror PRO, it had a way to select only certain apps to sync, maybe PocketMirror PRO XT will allow you to do this also.

Check into it. But you HAVE to use PMPRO XT with the Treo 650!

Robert
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I use a program by Ultrasoft called NotSync. It will do exactly what you want.
    In the Palm desktop application, can't you select which items to sync? You probably wouldn't want to change it every time, though.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    In the Palm desktop application, can't you select which items to sync? You probably wouldn't want to change it every time, though.
    Right click on the standard hotsync button and click "Custom." Go down the list and change long unwanted syncs to "do nothing." The change only affects the next sync unless you check the box marked "Set as Default."

I'm not sure about 3rd party apps, but it seems pretty simple right out of the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13
    I use a program by Ultrasoft called NotSync. It will do exactly what you want.
    Wow! Thanks delao13! I will definitely have to look into this program.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks delao13, NotSync looks perfect, I can set the minimal sync as default and just flip it to different config when I want the full sync...worth $10

I know it's available out of the box, but you have to configure it each time...which means when this is a tool and you're running from meeting to meeting it won't get done...the time it takes to go through the list is about the time it takes to sync them all...and I'm lazy.

The0ne
    Notsync looks cool but I sync wirelessly. is there anything like this that you pick the what you want to sync from the treo? I do a full sync during the day but like to sync my tasks during the day to see what tasks my assistant has taken care of.