Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You can't truly "sync" your gmail account with chatter. (As in, things you do on chatter updates to your gmail account, and vice-versa). The ability to Sync is one of the benefits to using a IMAP account, and why I don't use gmail primarily.

When you delete email from chatter, it is deleting from your fastmail.us account, not your gmail account.
    I am using Fastmail, and no I didn't pay (yet...) and it's working great. But if you want to use it to send out too (SMTP) you have to pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus
    When you delete email from chatter, it is deleting from your fastmail.us account, not your gmail account.
    ...Which I believe should be fine as one of the advantages and original premise behind Gmail's service is to never delete mail, just sort it! I would rather have mail collect in my Gmail account and NOT in my fastmail account, where space is scarce and not cheap. IMO, I like the fact that my Gmail is deleted in my Fastmail "gmail" folder and not my actual Gmail account.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    ...Which I believe should be fine as one of the advantages and original premise behind Gmail's service is to never delete mail, just sort it! I would rather have mail collect in my Gmail account and NOT in my fastmail account, where space is scarce and not cheap. IMO, I like the fact that my Gmail is deleted in my Fastmail "gmail" folder and not my actual Gmail account.
    true that!
    have you had any problems forwarding from gmail to fastmail? All of the sudden it stopped working for me, and everytime I go into gmail's settings to fix it, it won't allow me. This makes it impossible for me to 'pop' from fastmail to my treo. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    ...I sent an email from my PC from another email account to my gmail account that I had set to forward to Chatter...and three seconds later it appeared on chatter in my gmail mailbox there...

I then replied to that email from within Chatter..and a few seconds later the reply email FROM my gmail account was received
    As described, I've just setup my Gmail to forward to my new fastmail.fm account and for IMAP access with Chatter. I can receive and send from Chatter while masquerading as Gmail!

However, although the header for incoming mail in Chatter shows from sender to Gmail, when I reply from Chatter, Chatter fills in my Gmail account as the adressee and not that of the original sender. Do I have an incorrect setup somewhere? I'm using CE b35.

Thanks,
    Keith
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    ... when I reply from Chatter, Chatter fills in my Gmail account as the adressee and not that of the original sender...
    Funny thing. I went to my Gmail web account, disabled POP access then re-enabled it and now Chatter fills in the adressee of my original sender so Fastmail is transparent. I'm not sure if that was the real fix but at least it works now...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12