1.    #1  
    I just bought the Seido 2-in-1 Headset Retractable Headphones for my T650 from TreoCentral (item #A157 for $34.95). Very cool! Now I have great stereo sound when playing Pocket Tunes. This item was out of stock for a long time, and is now in stock again.

My question is on making and receiving phone calls using this headset. When I'm making or receiving a call, I only hear sound from the right side of the headphones (nothing from left side).

However, if I press the volume switch up, and then press the "set" button (small button below the volume rocker), then I immediately get "stereo" sound from BOTH left and right ear buds. Both ear buds will have sound while on a phone call.

I've noticed this happens consistently, so this must be a normal thing...or not? Do others experience this using this headphones?

Also, I find it annoying that you cannot retract out the cord halfway to lock into place, unless it is fully extended. In other words, when extending the retractable cord, it only locks into place when fully extended, but will not lock into place anywhere in between.

On the plus side, when I turn up the volume using the headphones volume control, I can noticeably hear LOUDER sound coming from the ear buds. Muuuch louder than from my Treo's built in earpiece, which has low volume even at maximum volume.

Thanks, Casey.
    Casey,
    I have the same sound characteristics. Right only on calls. Haven't tried the rocker up and set to get stereo on a call.

My earphone retractor will stop at three different settings. Bought mine directly from Seido about a month ago. I'm very happy with the sound.
    Mike
    Learn something new everyday.
  3.    #3  
    Hi NVBound,

Actually, a clarification is in order. You ONLY need to press the "set" switch, but not the volume rocker switch. When making (or receiving) a call, you only need to press the "set" button (smaller side button) to get stereo sound from both ear buds.

I positively do NOT get 3 different settings for locks when extending my cord. Maybe I have a defective unit? Do you think I should exchange my unit?

You mentioned you bought your unit directly from Seido. What is their website or information? Does this mean you didn't purchase from TreoCentral?
    Interesting......mine is both ears all the time with no adjustments needed.
  5.    #5  
    Treo2die4,

Do you have 3 locking settings when extending the cord? My unit only locks when fully extended. Did you buy yours from TreoCentral or someplace else...where?

Thanks,
    Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Treo2die4,

Do you have 3 locking settings when extending the cord? My unit only locks when fully extended. Did you buy yours from TreoCentral or someplace else...where?

Thanks,
    Casey
    Ordered from Treo Central. I can actually make it whatever length I want it just be extending and then holding for a second before I let go.
  7.    #7  
    treo,

I'm jealous now. My unit positively won't lock anywhere except fully extended. I tried holding for a second as you mentioned, but this doesn't work for me. -Casey
    I'd say send it back.....

I also have the retractable sync cable. Works the same as the headset in that I can choose the length I want. For this one, though, I have to play with it a little to get it to stop where I want it.
  9.    #9  
    By the way, did your unit also come with a sticker warning that says "Warning: Please pull cable from both sides GENTLY to avoid cable damage" ? My unit came with this sticker warning attached.

Upon closer inspection, I'd have to say my unit looks a little bit cheap in build. The main controller part seems to be made of cheap lightweight plastic and finish. The clip feels even cheaper. I'm also worried the cord seems a bit fragile and thin. I can see why the manufacturer is worried about possible cable damage.

Heck, I'd be willing to pay more $$ for sturdier construction. But if this unit can even hold up for a few years or so, I'd be satisfied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    By the way, did your unit also come with a sticker warning that says "Warning: Please pull cable from both sides GENTLY to avoid cable damage" ? My unit came with this sticker warning attached.

Upon closer inspection, I'd have to say my unit looks a little bit cheap in build. The main controller part seems to be made of cheap lightweight plastic and finish. The clip feels even cheaper. I'm also worried the cord seems a bit fragile and thin. I can see why the manufacturer is worried about possible cable damage.

Heck, I'd be willing to pay more $$ for sturdier construction. But if this unit can even hold up for a few years or so, I'd be satisfied.
    It did come with the same sticker.

Build quality seems okay for the price, can't say I'e given it much thought though. Haven't had any problems however.