1.    #1  
    My Treo is in an endless reset loop after I tried to delete Mapopolis with Filez and changed the copy-protect attribute on Mapopolis (wouldn't let me delete otherwise).

Anyway to stop this other than a hard reset? Thanks.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    My Treo is in an endless reset loop after I tried to delete Mapopolis with Filez and changed the copy-protect attribute on Mapopolis (wouldn't let me delete otherwise).

Anyway to stop this other than a hard reset? Thanks.
    Try a system reset - hold the 5-way up instead of the red phone button when completing the reset.
  3.    #3  
    I don't have a red button...I tried two methods list at the knowledge base at mytreo.net, neither worked. I can't get to the offending software to erase it - every time I hit the button to go the applications, the loop begins anew.
    Shneor
    I don't have a red button...I tried two methods list at the knowledge base at mytreo.net, neither worked. I can't get to the offending software to erase it - every time I hit the button to go the applications, the loop begins anew.
    You don't have a red button - the power button?

Did you try the reset the way I suggested - pushing the reset button in the back of the unit and they holding the 5-way button up until the Palm screen comes up and then releasing it?
  5.    #5  
    Yes - it stops the reset temporarily. If I try to do anything besides shutting off the power, the loop starts again.
    Shneor
    I have no other suggestions other than a hard reset - perhaps someone else will

good luck
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, treo2die4. I suspect a hard reset is the only out. Well, my backup is a few weeks old, but I'll make sure the offending programs are not restored.
    Shneor
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I've had that problem and the hard reset was the only way out. You'll have to restore your data, but you don't really have another choice. It pays to backup regularly.

Tom
    Treo 600 on Sprint PCS
    TreoBlast.com
  9.    #9  
    Did the hard reset, restored with BBVFS. It does not restore Java. Advantage - I reinstalled the old Java without MidP, saving 2 mb from my previous installation of the "new" Java, and 1mb from not reinstalling MidP. OTOH, I had to through tha hassle of getting a new reg number for WebViewer, but worse, I lost all my bookmarks again. Those WebViewer folks ought to figure out a way to back up the bookmarks so they can be transferred when you get a new reg number. Oh well...Anyone know how to get rid of Mapopolis?
    Shneor
    Did the hard reset, restored with BBVFS. It does not restore Java. Advantage - I reinstalled the old Java without MidP, saving 2 mb from my previous installation of the "new" Java, and 1mb from not reinstalling MidP. OTOH, I had to through tha hassle of getting a new reg number for WebViewer, but worse, I lost all my bookmarks again. Those WebViewer folks ought to figure out a way to back up the bookmarks so they can be transferred when you get a new reg number. Oh well...Anyone know how to get rid of Mapopolis?
    Can you find the db files in your previouse Archive or Backup folders?
    Last edited by treo2die4; 05/06/2005 at 10:55 AM.
  11.    #11  
    I checked with ReqWireless the last time this happened - they told me the bookmarks were unrecoverable.
    Shneor
    Instead of toggling the copy protection on mapopolis, in filez change the "Type" to anything other than "appl". If the palm dosen't think it is an application it will never trigger it, and it will never lock memory. You will have to soft reset after doing this. Hope this helps!