1.    #1  
    When I rip CD's to my computer, the files are WMA format. I'm running WinXP and windows media player v10 to rip these. But the Treo 650 only takes MP3 format for RealPlayer. Can anyone recommend a WMA to MP3 converter that is free or cheap? Is that the best approach?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diver4243
    When I rip CD's to my computer, the files are WMA format. I'm running WinXP and windows media player v10 to rip these. But the Treo 650 only takes MP3 format for RealPlayer. Can anyone recommend a WMA to MP3 converter that is free or cheap? Is that the best approach?
    Set your preferences in Windows Media Player to rip them as mp3...
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    You can use something like DBPowerAmp to convert them from WMA to MP3, but you'll lose a lot of quality. Ripping directly from the CDs to MP3 will give you a better result.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Or do a search for DbPoweramp, download it, and then convert your wma's to MP3.
    The program you want is called CDex. It will rip directly to MP3 and its free.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Scrap Real, and get Pocket Tunes Deluxe. Then you can play mp3 or wma.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Scrap Real, and get Pocket Tunes Deluxe. Then you can play mp3 or wma.
    Exactly!
    You never lived until you almost died!
    There's a great program (not very expensive) from Litex Media called Advancded WMA Workshop where you can convert cda to mp3, wav, ogg or wma.
    Also, here a free method to convert realaudio to mp3:

http://ozzmosis.sensationcontent.com/realaudio.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions