1.    #1  
    Ever since the Sprint update, I haven't been able to hotsync. I have found out that this is due to a corrupt contact file somewhere on the Treo. I have heard that the best solution is to beam all my contacts to another Palm device but i dont have one available. Is there another way to transfer all my contacts, while at the same time getting rid of the corrupt file(s). I would delete my contactdb and then hotsync but my desktop backup is not current since the update about a month or so ago.

Thanx in advance!!
    If your PC is not current, the only way is to beam them to another device. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK
    Do you have a backup program on SD that you could restore that single file from?
  3.    #3  
    I have backupman but it seems that the corrupt file is backed up there as well. I dont have another device to beam to.
    Do you only have one backup set or are they all corrupt?
  5.    #5  
    I believe they are all corrupt as they are all post firmware update and the update is what caused the corruption.
    Last week my Treo started having errors when hot syncing my contacts file. I would lose my connection with my PC during the hot sync. Based on my research here on TC, I finally (after a few days of researching and trying everything else I could think of) gave in and did a hard reset. I was also beginning to experience some very random resets which I wasn't pleased about.

Well, it's been about a week, and my Treo is working fine once again. I did not restore my previous files using backed up copies because I think that for those of us that did after the Sprint ROM update, we are beginning to run into some corruption issues. My guess is that the ROM update made some changes that impacted the way files are used/stored in the new memory structure and that may be a cause of the corruption. So instead, I loaded all of my apps (and registrations) back a few at a time from fresh files.

I'm not sure if you want to go this route, but it may be your last/best option.
  7.    #7  
    I know that this would fix the issue and I also know that my Contacts in Outlook are fine. Yesterday I did a hard reset, Hotsynced with no problems, then restored with backupman and could not Hotsync once again. I would just really like to have all the contacts that I added since the update (at least 100 new ones).
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjocanadian
    I know that this would fix the issue and I also know that my Contacts in Outlook are fine. Yesterday I did a hard reset, Hotsynced with no problems, then restored with backupman and could not Hotsync once again. I would just really like to have all the contacts that I added since the update (at least 100 new ones).
    Yeah, I don't think doing a restore with Backupman will solve your problem. You'd have to do a hard reset then reload the apps back manually. I use backupbuddy and had to bite the bullet and not use it to restore my files. It sucks that you have so many new contacts.
  9.    #9  
    Well all I really need to do is delete the contactsdb to get rid of the problem.
    Well all I really need to do is delete the contactsdb to get rid of the problem.
    You could do that, but based on my experience, this may be part of a bigger corruption issue. But it would probably be a good first step and if you start getting random resets or additional corruption in your contacts db, then you may need to take the extra step I took.
  11.    #11  
    Well now I still gotta figure out where to send my contacts in the meantime!!!
    What are you going to do with the corrupt contact db once you find somewhere to beam it to? Isn't it still going to be corrupt and unusable?
    Well now I still gotta figure out where to send my contacts in the meantime!!!
    Wait a bit and I will fly over there. You could then beam them to me, until we get your situation fixed.

What do you want us to say? There is no option but to beam them or loose them.
    Can't you just use the whistle blower's act to turn in the corrupt contact ?
  15.    #15  
    Allright. I decided just to use my Outlook contacts and delete the contactdb. Done and it now WORKS!!!! Yay!!!!!
    Have people tried to export than import their contacts as a way to get repair the corrupt database?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)