1.    #1  
    Hello, I possess a Tréo 650 with the firmware 1.04 and I downloaded the file: Treo650-fw123.zip, how must proceed me for the update, I looked at the Post without finding anything, thank you
    The instructions should have been in whatever thread you found the file in. But to reiterate:
    1. Unpack the contents of the zip file to the PALM directory on a blank SD card.
    2. Backup your Treo. If you have multiple backup utilities, take multiple backups, just to be sure.
    3. Hard reset your Treo.
    4. Insert the SD card. The update will launch automatically.
    5. Once complete, remove the SD card and restore your apps.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for your answer but being profane I have two other questions:
    How to make a backup?
    How to reset the tréo?
    Thank you
    Both those questions are answered in the User Manual. You should read it at least once before you even think of mucking around with beta firmware!
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  5.    #5  
    I applied with care your procedure but nothing happens
    . the files present in the SD card is:
    start.prc
    DeviceCustomizer (folder)
    DCIM (folder)
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chienfou
    How to make a backup?
    How to reset the tréo?
    Thank you
    I would stay away until an official fimware is released. Not to discredit what is being released from the beta folk...it's nice to know what is being ironed out. I can't allow my phone to be tested with firmware that is not official.
    I applied with care your procedure but nothing happens
    . the files present in the SD card is:
    start.prc
    DeviceCustomizer (folder)
    DCIM (folder)
    you are supposed to copy the entire Palm folder, not just the files. Empty the SD, grab the Palm folder, drag it to SD, put SD in Treo. The update will run automatically.

To echo the statment above:
    You seriously sound like you need to wait until

A) You at least understand the basic functions of the device; doing this update really is novice level but the consequences for doing it wrong are not (not likely, but they have the potential to be very bad). If you don't easily get it then it might be better to wait. Not knowing what a backup is and how to reset does not speak of a high level of understanding.

B) The offical and supported update is released (should be like any day unless they've had problems with the latest beta, I haven't)

If you don't mind starting from your last hotsync then a backup is not really necessary. You do need to hard reset the device before you insert the update card (I know, I know you don't know how; but the hard reset procedure is in the manual and I belive the manual is even available for download. Read it.)

Good luck,
    JW
    There is no need to Hard Reset your device at all. A Hard reset is actually part of the upgrade process. Simply insert the SD into your Treo, and it will automatically do everything for you.

There is also no need to back anything up. Simply do a Sync before the upgrade, and then again right after and you are good to go.

The entire process (from downloading the Zip file, through to re-syncing all your data) should take no more than 10 mins.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    There is no need to Hard Reset your device at all. A Hard reset is actually part of the upgrade process. Simply insert the SD into your Treo, and it will automatically do everything for you.

There is also no need to back anything up. Simply do a Sync before the upgrade, and then again right after and you are good to go.

The entire process (from downloading the Zip file, through to re-syncing all your data) should take no more than 10 mins.
    Really? I got a memory error once I thought? Maybe that was the cable method I used for 1.21 though . Just know that's how I did it.
    JW
    You sure Master Shake wasn't helpin' you ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry-man22
    Really? I got a memory error once I thought? Maybe that was the cable method I used for 1.21 though . Just know that's how I did it.
    JW
    Cable and SD are different, ya.

IMO, SD is easier and more reliable.
    Soylent Green Is People

Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    There is no need to Hard Reset your device at all. A Hard reset is actually part of the upgrade process.
    As you say, the process will hard reset the device anyway. But if I know I'm going to have to restore everything anyway, then I'd rather give the process a "clean slate" to work with from the start, to avoid any possibility of anything I have loaded causing problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    As you say, the process will hard reset the device anyway. But if I know I'm going to have to restore everything anyway, then I'd rather give the process a "clean slate" to work with from the start, to avoid any possibility of anything I have loaded causing problems.
    The first step in the upgrade process is to erase your entire ROM (OS, Apps, Data, Etc.). So I doubt there is any risk. But hey, if you like the peace of mind, there is certainly no reason not to.
    Soylent Green Is People

How to make a backup?
    How to reset the tréo?
    Thank you
    I don't think you are ready for the firmware update. You have a long way to go before you should even worry whether you could use an update. If you happen to get one of those defective Treo's from Palm, you will have bigger worries than you can imagine, you may not even want a Treo at all.

Get familiarized first with your new Treo so you can fully enjoy it. I still have the original firmware that came with the Treo and it's been flawless that I don't miss this hoopla about this firmware upgrade.

As for me, I am waiting for the official release.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
  15.    #15  
    Hy,I agree with you, but for me it is indeed important to do this update, indeed the version that I possess is 1.04 and is exclusively in English (that is very hard for me) I need a multi-language version so that I can use my Tréo in an optimal way. You know, I also possess a Tréo 600 in my language and indeed these are terrific telephones.
    Again a thing: or could I find the official version of the Firmware?
    Thank you has you all again!
    If you ONLY want do have it multilingual i propose you do the update
    to FW 1.15 which can be found here:
    I had the same problem with my 1.04 Cingular Treo in English.
    I run FW 1.15 in German and have absolutely no problems with it.
    As far as i know this FW 1.15 is the official first FW for the Treos delivered in Europe.
    How do I know what firmware version my phone currently has?
    Go to the phone application and type phone info in the option menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    You sure Master Shake wasn't helpin' you ?
    That **** head is never any help
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum
    How do I know what firmware version my phone currently has?
    FW: 01.15. .
    SW: Treo650-1.06-ROW